Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What A Way To Wash The Car!

What a wild ride! This afternoon's drive home from the semi big smoke was certainly eventful. I drove through the biggest storm. There were bits of trees flying everywhere. The sound of hail hitting the car was nothing short of scary (my poor car!). A whole bunch of cars and trucks, including me, had to stop on the side of the highway because the pelting rain reduced visibility to almost nothing. Summer storms, hey! They can certainly pack a punch!

After the rain had eased and I was on the road again, I thought to myself how wonderful the pelting rain had been. It's not often that my poor car gets any type of wash. I was thinking to myself that the car would now be sparkling clean due to all the water that had just rushed over it.

Alas, it wasn't to be. A short distance up the road I became stuck behind the bane of my driving existence. Not one, but two cattle road trains blocked my path. By the time I managed to pass the both of them, my poor car was covered in cattle pee and poop. Disgusting! And, oh my gawd, the stench was hideous!

Ack! The joys of living in and driving around central Queensland. I must be nuts!

2 comments:

  1. eewwww... I wonder why they don't cover the cattle trucks somehow... I see huge trailers containing sheep at times, on the roads here, but they're all well covered (with ventilation window strips, of course)

    I remember only one time driving with some friends on some back roads and encountering a truck coming the other way which somehow splashed cow doo doo all over the windscreen. It smelt terrible and the poor car looked horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahaha, pmsl

    Shivers, I read something like this blog and instantly I remember the sights sounds and smells of Central Qld lol. :|

    Someone save me from my memories!!

    ReplyDelete