Monday, November 28, 2005

What a Shock!

I can't believe it! Am I dreaming? Do I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm awake? I actually had a good day at work today! Woohoo!

I woke up this morning completely dreading the thought of having to go to work today. With all that has been going on at work of late, and due to the fact that it is the second last week of school and teachers are notoriously famous for not planning anything other than watching DVD's after all the assessment has been finalised, I thought today would be the start of a horribly boring and tedious week. How mistaken was I though! The teachers of all my classes today had thoughtful, productive and interesting lessons planned for their students. I was greatly surprised and incredibly thankful. For the remainder of the week, I am definitely crossing my fingers that the teachers continue to use their imaginations as well as they did today. I can only hope, hey.

Even better still, now that I am home from work for the day, my relatively good mood seems to be sticking around. How great is that! It's wonderfully refreshing to experience what can be described as a good day. It certainly breaks the gloomy monotony.

Photo credit: stock.xchng - the leading free stock photography site

4 comments:

  1. Mostly, I find myself going, "Damn! No DVDs! They laid out thoughtful, productive, and interesting lessons! Crap!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That;s great, disso. You deserve a good day!! And may many more to come....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Amazing how a little planning can make for a good day. May there be more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *puts my hand across my mouth so I can't make any nasty teacher comments*

    ReplyDelete