Saturday, November 19, 2005

Time For a Cool Change

As much as I liked my old template, it was driving me batty that the sidebar had slipped down to the bottom when viewed with Internet Explorer. Of course it still looked fine when viewed with both Opera and Firefox, but you get that. *Insert under-the-breath growl at IE here*

As a result of the side bar problem, I spent ages trying to rebuild the old template this morning. Unfortunately I had no luck. Everything still looked skewy. In desperation I searched the Internet for free blogger templates and found Blogger Templates By Caz. She has some lovely linkware blogger templates for use by all.

Although I am usually a fan of the darker templates, this one captures a sort of spiritual, protective ambiance, something that I have lost in my life during this current journey I'm on. Perhaps looking at this template every day will help me regain some of what has been lost.

Also, to celebrate the new look is a new name, "Where To From Here". With all the horrible negative posts I have been writing lately, this is my attempt to be positive. I guess I can only hope.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy your honesty. As I read about your day at school I thought I do not think I could take it listening and watching a teacher doing that to a student. It sounds to me as if the teacher was just berating the kid. How can that be positive at all? Anyway, I wanted to also acknowledge your anxiety. I never even noticied that I had issues with anxiety until a little over a year ago. It had been there but I did not have a name for it. Sometimes I just have to leave and be alone. It is not all the time but at times it really becomes overwehlming. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new template, very nice. i love the way you write, everything you write, so true and from the heart. hope you have a wonderful weekend, well whats left of it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the artwork of your new template. And I am now on the hunt for Vodka Mudshakes. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, Vodka Mudshakes are incredibly yummy. You'll enjoy them. :)

    Duskydawn, thanks re the template. It is nice hey. My only wish is that it was centred on the page. I do try to keep what I write here "real". Sometimes I think I get too "real" though. :S

    Steve, thanks and best of luck with your anxiety. Sometimes it does help having a name for things we experience, hey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *smiles*

    a change is a good as a holiday, or so they say. in THIS CASE, i think its a pretty cool blog change, but still not as good as a holiday to the Sunny Coast!!!

    hint, hint, nudge, nudge

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Kym! i'm diggin' on your new template...it's nice hon!

    also sorry i havent been by in a while...had some heavy shit to deal with, but it's all good. thanks for your comment on my "adventures in babysitting" post. i too changed my template and like you i'm more inclined to the darker ones, and on my new erotica blog, i kept the black template. the new one is called "La Femme Erotique'" and it consists of erotic stories/poetry submitted by me and MsPeculiar. do have a look-see when u can.

    so sorry about the anxiety you've been feeling hon. hope that things will change for the better for you. you are a sweet person and i'm glad to have come to know you thru Blogland.

    i dont know if you guys celebrate Thanksgiving but if you do, Happy Turkey Day!

    Hugs ((((((((Kym))))))))))))

    miz e

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the new template! It drives me nuts how each browser platform digests the page differently. At least the new netscape veiws in both firefox and IE.

    ReplyDelete