Thursday, November 24, 2005

More On Work

Today I have been focusing once again on the issues I have been having with work. I've been continuing the research I have been doing about my ITAS funded role. I have managed to find the funding documents relevant to my position on my workplace's website. According to these documents I should be being paid a level higher than I actually am. What an interesting piece of information to have stumbled upon!

I have also been made aware that the position description the DP referred to during Tuesday's meeting is more than likely the one that I was originally furnished with as a part of my application package. A certain person in my workplace has informed me that this particular position description is the incorrect one and was only mistakenly sent out with the application package. That is another interesting piece of information for me to have on hand. Apparently the DP chewed me out while referring to the incorrect document.

Finally, today during one of my classes where I had to sit there like a lump because none of my students were present and the class was only watching a movie, I had the opportunity to make detailed notes on what happened during Tuesday's meeting with the DP. Apparently it is my right to type these out officially and keep a copy of them in my personnel file at my workplace. Excellent! I will be typing out my notes tomorrow during my break and dropping them into my file.

As for how I have been managing today, it has certainly been a mixed bag. At times I have been feeling exactly the same as I was yesterday afternoon and evening. I have been wondering what the point is and feeling utterly useless and downright depressed. When I was not depressed, the rage about what has happened overtook me again. I have been swinging from one extreme to the other. I am struggling with my inability to cope with something that shouldn't be affecting me so greatly. It's frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment