Thursday, August 04, 2005

Yesterday's Pdoc Appointment & Stuff

Since I didn't summarise yesterday's pdoc appointment during last night's post, I guess I should attempt to write about it tonight. Mind you, I don't really have a lot to write about regarding this appointment.

The pdoc and I did spend quite some time discussing my response to the change of appointment frequency. Because my mind is no better than a sieve, I can't really say exactly what was discussed. However, at one stage I remember telling the pdoc, "This isn't about you," to which he responded that it really was about the both of us. At that point, I began to feel like a self-centred bitch. I could even feel the emotion welling up inside me. It was probably the closest I've ever come to crying during a pdoc appointment, although thankfully I wasn't all that close to breaking down or anything.

It turns out my arm is infected, but not badly so. The pdoc gave me a prescription for a round of antibiotics as well as some cream to lather upon the wound at least once a day. I've got to keep it covered as well, although silly me didn't think to ask for how long. D'oh! Does anybody know how long superficial burns take to heal? The rotten thing is bloody sore and itchy though. I feel like bashing it up against a brick wall! I promise not to however.

The only other thing that I remember the pdoc mentioning was how he believes that I don't have much of a sense of self and that I tend to make fun of myself quite frequently. Bugger hey! It's not the first time he has said this though.

Anyway, I am back to weekly appointments again. Oops. The fortnightly appointments didn't last long, did they! Having said that though, the pdoc is going on holidays for a couple of weeks, so my next appointment isn't until towards the end of the month anyway.

Finally, the good news is that I didn't feel like ploughing into a road train or running off the road during my drive home after yesterday's appointment. That has got to be a good thing!

3 comments:

  1. Take care of those wounds. The scars are really annoying to explain when people ask. I remind myself of that pain when I might harm. It's ok to have a sense of humour but don't put yourself down ever because it just makes it easier for others to do so. Hope things look up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better today. Sometimes you just have to take it a day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear you actually didn't WANT to drive into one of those darn trucks for a change...
    GREAT actually

    as as for feeling the swells of emotion - WOW! even i cried last night dammit. so maybe there's some emotions floating around that belong to other ppl, and you and i hv sorta picked them up the way ppl normally get a cold or something... just a thought...

    :)

    ReplyDelete