Friday, August 19, 2005

Woohoo! Tagged Again!

I've been tagged for another meme. What fun! Thanks James.

This one is for my six favourite songs right now. I'll try to keep them reasonably current, i.e. I promise not to mention Pink Floyd and I'll try to keep them to this century. It's kind of hard to keep up with decent music when you live in a town that doesn't have a decent radio station (damn community radio that only plays country music).
  1. 1985 - Bowling for Soup: This song could almost be my theme song if I didn't think 80's music and fashion sucked.
  2. Numb - Linkin Park: This song is my theme song, except I don't know who the hell "I" am anymore.
  3. Scars - Papa Roach: Thanks for introducing this band to me duskydawn. They rock!
  4. Bad Day - Daniel Powter: I love this song's lyrics. "Well you need a blue sky holiday". Yes please! "You sing a sad song just to turn it around". This line explains my obsession with Pink Floyd. (Sorry, I just couldn't go without mentioning my favourite band of all time. )
  5. My Band - D12: I love it when Eminem takes the piss out of himself.
  6. A Place Called Home - Kim Richey: I loved this song ever since I heard it on an "Angel" episode.
So, there's my list of current favourite songs. Who wants to share theirs? Here's my tag list:
  1. Joey
  2. Mothman
  3. Blogaholic (when you feel safe to spread your wings again)
  4. Gabbi
    Gawd, who else does these meme things?
  5. White Knight (Okay, you don't know me from a bar of soap, but I am dying to know just a little more about you )
    Umm ... one more person?
  6. I'll leave number 6 open to anyone who wants to take up the challenge.

10 comments:

  1. ok i'll do it soon-promise

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i'll do it soon-promise

    ReplyDelete
  3. wtf? why did it show up twice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i did it. it's on "welcome to my place" blog tho. thanx for tagging me. it was FUN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Numb would be on my list too... love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just passing by and came across your blog. It's beautiful! I love it!

    Take Care,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of liked eighties style. I was old enough to either laugh at it or play with it a bit. Plus, I always like it when big hair is in as I have big hair....the only time I have been in style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JC, I have to admit that the one thing about the eighties I did like was the big hair. It's so much easier to style big hair than to try to straighten it. Heck, I would even go another spiral perm!

    Colleen, thank you. I've had a quick peek at your blog and it looks amazing. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Mothy, thanks for taking up the challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing what your choices are.

    Duskydawn, thanks for taking up the challenge too. I love your musical tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi DK...well, i guess i'll take the plunge (*smile*)...altho my musical tastes go a little further back...so, here goes...

    1) Respect - Aretha Franklin

    2) Footsteps in the Dark - The Isley Brothers

    3) This Bitter Earth - Dinah Washington

    4) Love Dont Love Nobody - Spinners

    5) In The Rain - The Dramatics

    6) What's Goin' On/Mercy, Mercy Me
    Marvin Gaye

    and there you have em. i'm from the old old skool, so i had to dig around my "dusties" vault and blow the dust off these old 45's and LPs.

    some of those titles you probably are too young to remember (like the Dinah Washington song), some you may recognize...anyhoo, this was fun!

    and thanks for the nice comment on the poem. i made it up as i was typing last night.

    ((((((((((((DK))))))))))))))

    take care of yourself because there is only one YOU!

    miz e

    ReplyDelete