Saturday, August 20, 2005

Saturday Afternoon Update

I'm feeling absolutely shattered this evening. I haven't got a good excuse for feeling this way. I didn't awake until around 11:30 this morning, so I had a great night's sleep. I guess the last few days have been pretty full on though.

Update on Hubby's Health

Hubby is fine. He only spent the one night in hospital and was feeling much better the next day. Hubby did finally admit to me the other day that the doctor at our local hospital had him worried. The hospital doctor was concerned that Hubby either had a stomach ulcer or gall bladder problems and thus wanted to do an ultrasound and another test which involved putting a little camera down his throat (I think).

Since Hubby was not particularly looking forward to having to undergo those tests, he made an appointment with his own GP in the "semi-big smoke". The semi-big smoke doctor was far less concerned than the hospital doctor, which put Hubby's mind at ease. He did send Hubby for a couple of tests, but these tests were only a full blood count and a breath test that could apparently pick up if a nasty bug had made its way into Hubby's stomach. We will know the results to these tests next Tuesday when Hubby sees the semi-big smoke doctor again. All in all though, Hubby's illness looks like it was just a temporary nasty gastro problem and nothing to be concerned about at all. Phew!

Friday Night Outing

As I mentioned in a previous post, my old boss had invited me to attend the school musical with her last night. It was quite a fun night. We went to one of the local clubs for a drink before and after the musical. My old boss introduced me to some of the newer school employees, whom hadn't been working at the school at the time I was there, as an old teacher aide who may be working at the school again soon. Mmm, I think I am going to have to apply for that temporary teacher's aide position or my old boss is going to kill me.

The school musical was hilarious, although I must admit that half the time I had no idea what was going on. The story line wasn't particularly easy to follow. One of the main characters just couldn't sing at all. We had a good giggle every time we heard his voice rising above the other actors. Kudos to him for trying so hard though. He made the funniest remark at the end of the musical when he thanked one of the organising teachers for putting up with his lack of singing talent.

Well, the last few days have been quite busy so I guess I do have a reason to feel tired after all. Emotionally I am going okay. I'm feeling a bit flat to be honest but I think I am tired more than anything else. I will be glad for an early night to bed tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting and for your wonderful comments, it is quite appreciated!
    I was lucky enough to wake up a few weeks ago at 11:30 too. I felt shattered all day, maybe too much sleep isn't so good? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you aren't feeling well. People always think this is all in the mind which means that you wouldn't feel "shattered" without a reason. I hope you are feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey ... :P!! I'm gonna apply! I'm gonna apply! Happy now? LOL Be prepared for an upcoming blog on how much I despise answering selection criteria though.

    Susan ... thanks for popping by. I really liked reading through your blog and will definitely return. Oh, and getting too much sleep does make one tireder sometimes I reckon. (Mmm ... is tireder actually a word?)

    JC .. thanks! No need to worry. I use the word "shattered" when I am just feeling exhausted, so I am doing okay.

    ReplyDelete