Monday, August 01, 2005

Some Reflection

I'm coming up to my first pdoc appointment in a couple of weeks this coming Wednesday. I guess it is time then to engage in a tiny bit of reflection about the past fortnight.

The first week after my last appointment was quite "interesting", primarily due to what I can only surmise to be my disappointment with what I thought therapy could do for a person, and of course, the SH becoming an issue again. I'm happy to say that the frequency and ferocity of my SH has dwindled quite significantly over the past four days or so. I've actually had a couple of days where I haven't burned at all, which has got to be a good thing. My arm is drying out and becoming incredibly itchy which is a bit of a bitch, however that is what one gets when they engage in SH I guess.

In regards to my feelings of disappointment with the reality of therapy, I haven't been focusing on that for quite a number of days now. In essence, it has become a non-issue again ... sort of like, "Hey, you can't do anything about it, so quit giving a toss." I still secretly wish that therapy could have been some sort of magic wand, but I realise now that it will never be and my life will essentially continue on as it is now and I better get used to it. I can only wait and see if it regains it's issue status after my next appointment.

The second week saw an improvement to how I had been feeling. My mood brightened. I can't think of anything significant to write about how I have felt during these past handful of days. Perhaps the only thing worth noting was that I woke up this morning feeling slightly out of step with myself. You know the times when you wake up with something similar to a hang over or something and the world just seems a little blurry and you feel a bit out of touch with it? That was my morning. This feeling only lasted for a few hours though, so by lunch time I had been "realigned" with myself. Apart from that, this past week has been an average one.

So, that is my tiny bit of reflection. I see the pdoc this coming Wednesday and then it will be another three weeks until I see him next because he is taking a couple of weeks holiday. The lucky bugger is always taking holidays, but I bet in his line of work, they are sorely needed.

2 comments:

  1. you've been tagged by me over at my place-sorry :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i'll ring you tonight, maybe after i get the kids fed :)
    7ish... will try to stay offline long enough to finish my waka stuff!!

    ReplyDelete