Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Eek! Crunch!

Oh no! The mice are planning their next invasion! Aargh!


My cat is the worst mouser ever! Earlier tonight, I was sitting in front of my laptop in the lounge room enjoying a freshly made cup of coffee. (Grrr at Hubby for not bringing back some more milk when he went out tonight! ). I heard the familiar thump of my cat entering the laundry window and landing on the washing machine. Suddenly, all hell broke loose! My napping dogs jumped to attention and raced into the kitchen chasing after the cat.

I leapt off the couch and bounded into the kitchen to see what was going on. I noticed the cat focusing all of his attention on a corner of the room. Gingerly, I moved the paper shredder that sits in the particular corner in question. (When the cat brings something into the house I always fear for the worst, e.g. a big scary spider waiting to jump out at me). Hiding behind the paper shredder was a terrified little mouse.

I consider mice to be incredibly cute little critters and all, but they have just caused way too many problems in my house during a previous invasion. Therefore, this mouse just had to be removed. I desperately tried to catch the little terrorist, but the rotten thing just ended up hiding underneath the nightie that I was wearing. Eeewwww! Being the slack mouser that he is, my cat had already lost interest. It was time to call in the big guns. Cue the dogs!

Now my Husky is a very skilled and quick mouser, but this time it was my Aussie that won the prize. She deftly jumped into the battle zone, caught the mouse in no time flat, and retreated to the hallway with her prize. Good dog! The only problem was, before I could get the mouse off her, she started chowing down on it. Double eeewwww! The poor, poor mouse! What a way to go. Ick!

This whole episode means that there are still mice hanging around outside. Now I am just waiting for the little buggers to make their way inside again. Yuck! Maybe the war continues!

2 comments:

  1. um, ewwwwwwwwww, not the actual mouse part case i knda think thy're cute, but the dog eating the mouse part. my dog ate a chipmunk once, come to think of it my dog ate a chicken(live) once too, but where was i going with this again? oh yeah, it's funny that we are taught the cat to be the best mouser,but i have yet to see a cat catch one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yech, my dog brought me a squirril almost as long as her :/ She only weighs 23 lbs but she's a hunting dog. Still havent figured out how she managed to get a squirril when my 50 lbs hunting dog cant?

    ReplyDelete