Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Afternoon Escape Attempt

Last night was a bit of a horrid one really. After washing my arm in the shower, I felt the old urges to SH quite strongly. It was something to do with the sight of my arm and the discomfort I felt due to the water hitting the wound. For the first time in a while I actually caught myself thinking about OD'ing again. These thoughts were not suicidal in any way, shape or form. Rather, they were more related to knocking myself out for a day or two.

The OD'ing thoughts kind of scared me a little. As soon as I had finished my shower, I downed my meds, turned off the computer and went to bed. It didn't take that long for the meds to kick in. I was feeling pretty tired last night anyway. After a short while of watching a little TV and trying to concentrate on filling in a crossword puzzle, I was sleepy enough to turn the light out and let myself drift off to sleep. The SH urges were therefore successfully avoided.

After feeling like I did last night, I thought that I should get out of the house this afternoon. Not far from town is our local weir. Every time I have driven out there, it has been deserted so I thought it would be a great place to escape to for a bit of peace and tranquillity and to spend some time alone to collect my thoughts.

The drive out to the weir was promising. Despite there being a section of roadworks, there were hardly any cars on the road. I couldn't believe my eyes as I drove into the weir's carpark however. There were caravans absolutely everywhere. So much for my peaceful escape.

Thankfully though I had thought to take my camera with me so I spent a short time at the weir snapping a few photos.

My heart sank when I saw all the caravans.
Central and northern Queensland is a haven for southern holiday makers during winter.
Go the grey set!

Crocodiles? Eeek!
The weir hosts the local water skiing club. Imagine falling off your skis and coming face to face with a croc. No thanks!

Looking across the weir towards the spill gate.

The other side of the spill gate.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures but so much for the escape. You have very good place and so near the town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know thoughts of OD'ing are hard to shake. Well done for getting out of the house. Looks like it was a pleasant outing.

    Polar

    ReplyDelete