Monday, August 22, 2005

Selection Criteria Are Evil!

I really, really, really despise answering selection criteria! What evil person invented them? Aaarrrggghhhh! I so suck at answering these things quickly. Here's a list of the selection criteria I must address for the teacher's aide position for which I am applying.
  1. A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous societies, and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Indigenous people in contemporary Australian society and the diversity of circumstances of Indigenous people.
  2. A demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively, including the requirement for proper negotiation and consultation, with Indigenous people on matters relevant to the delivery of education services to Indigenous people.
  3. Possession of a Certificate III level qualification or ability to demonstrate skills and knowledge consistent with Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate III or higher.
  4. Knowledge of, or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of, classroom activities, procedures, use and maintenance of resources and school policies.
  5. Demonstrated high level communication skills, sound personal qualities of tact, reliability and an ability to work with others both individually and as a member of a team.
  6. Understanding of occupational health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination as applied in a work environment.
  7. Demonstrated willingness to undertake specific training to enhance student support.
Admittedly, some of the criteria are fairly easy ones, but ugh, I just hate writing job applications with a passion!

Joey, how much will you charge me for whipping up some responses to these things?

Oh well, time for me to stop procrastinating and start doing some more writing. Ick!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    I think the people that write these job descriptions out look through the 'Pears encyclopedia' to see how they can dress their words up :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I give it away for free... suppose u get what u pay for.hahhahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mandy, you are so right! The people that compile selection criteria must sit there for ages thinking up ways to make their words sound more important. Thanks for the "good luck" wishes. I need them. :)

    Mothy, Joey wanted too much money, so I had to be content with your freebie. Thank you btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish where were some examples of answers on-line to help get us started!

    ReplyDelete