Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Oh the Gullibility!

Oh my gawd! What a day! Who cares about that though. I want to talk about a letter I received in the mail today.

Now it is widely accepted that taking certain types of psychiatric medication can really make you stack on the weight. I have been the poster child for weight gain whilst taking pills. Ever since I got sick, I must have put on at least 15kg, if not a whole lot more. Okay, I admit my diet is absolutely tragic and I don't exercise (gee, I wonder why I am gaining weight ... duh), but I think it was mizeeyore who called Seroquel "sugarquel" and boy is she right!

Anyway, my weight loss prayers have now been answered, all thanks to a letter I received in the mail today. This letter extols the virtues of a weight loss pill which apparently works by turning "food into fuel for your metabolism". The letter goes on to say "in fact the more you eat the more you burn; you can never, never eat more than you burn!"

Oh my gawd, where do I sign up? I'm hooked!

Although my tongue has been firmly planted in my cheek throughout this post, would you believe that I am actually considering buying some of these pills. I am so gullible! Please, someone hide my credit cards!

1 comment:

  1. *takes disso's credit cards and hides them away*
    NO NO NO
    you sooo don't need these damn pills!

    ReplyDelete