Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday Summary (aka All Sorts of Junk)

It's one of those days where I don't have any specific topic to write about. Instead, I am going to ramble on with all sorts of disjointed stuff about my day. Feel free to start snoring now.

I woke up exceptionally late this morning at around 11:30. I can't believe my Husky, who is usually the first critter to awake in the mornings much to my disgust, slept in for so long. What a treat!

After throwing a jumper on and stumbling down the hallway to let the dogs out the back door for their "wee walk", I was greeted by a lovely wet backyard. It had rained overnight. We must have had quite a drop too as it looked like the rain had really seeped into the ground. It doesn't rain anywhere near enough for my liking here, so it was nice to see that we had been blessed with it last night. Everything will turn green again!

As a result of the rain, it's been absolutely freezing here today (well, for us spoilt central Queenslanders that is). The temperature never reached above 20 degrees. Looks like tomorrow's weather is going to be much the same, minus the rain though. According to The Weather Channel website, it's supposed to get down to 6 degrees overnight with a maximum temperature tomorrow of only 19 degrees. Brr! Thank goodness for a nice, warm waterbed.

Mood-wise, I have been feeling a little off today because I knew I had to go out but seriously did not want to. I was considering popping down to the local hospital to ask about this arm of mine. I was understandably a little concerned about doing so. What is a person to say if a nurse asked how the burn was made? Mmmm.

I have been a good little psych patient though, by covering the burn for a week now with Silvazine cream and a fresh dressing each day, in addition to taking oral antibiotics twice a day for the infection. However, it still feels a little tender and is still yellow in quite a few places. (My apologies if that is too graphic). Just how long do I have to keep this thing covered for anyhow? How silly am I for not thinking of asking the pdoc that question during our last appointment!

I ended up asking Hubby if he would come to the hospital with me because I was way to chicken to go by myself. He suggested just continuing to cover it until it looked completely healed. Instantly, I grabbed onto that suggestion and decided against the hospital visit (although I still needed to go to the chemist to pick up more dressings. Dammit!)

Anyway, this whole thing about knowing that I had to go out today left me feeling like a frightened rabbit caught in a car's headlights. I so did not want to have to deal with leaving the house and going out in public today.

Despite how I felt, my little trip down to the shopping centre went without any dramas. My anxiety about going out fizzled out when I actually stepped inside the centre. I just focused on what I had to do. I was even able to go into Woolworths and do a full grocery shop. A big "phew" on that one! Now I don't have to bother going out on the weekend. Yay me!

6 comments:

  1. They have Woolworths in Australia! Why am I always surprised to find our brand of shops in other countries? Hmmm. Makes me think that everywhere is the same, the world over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! i'm mizeeyore and thank you so much for stopping by my blog! when i saw the pic of your kitchen, i had to laugh because that's exactly the way mine has been looking for several days, but i have since then washed the dishes.

    i am flattered that you like the way i write my entries. i just believe in keepin it real y'kno?
    anyways, i would be more than honored if you added my blog to your "visit" list. i certainly would like to add yours to mine!

    also since that last post i have been feeling a bit better and i see my pdoc today. i also love the way you write as well!

    take care and dont let negativity rent free space in your head!

    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your taking care of your arm. I hope it starts getting better.

    I had to knodd in agreement about not wanting to go out in public. I'm feeling much the same.

    Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally can relate to not wanting to leave the house. I am lucky that I have food here at times! I only went last time as I was out of toilet tissue. That you must have! I am lucky for my dog as I force myself to walk him several times each day. At least I see daylight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JC, oh yes, toilet paper is a definite must have. :) Furry kids are wonderful for making you get out of the house, aren't they.

    Gabbi, thanks. Yes, the arm is slowly getting better. It's looking a lot better than it was. It shouldn't be long to go before I can lose the dressings hopefully. It bites when it's difficult to get out of the house. I hope your next trip out is an easy one.

    Z, it is funny to think that different countries share so much in common. I guess to goes to show that there are more similarites than differences between us all.

    Mizeeyore, I love your saying, "don't let negativity rent free space in your head". Can I steal it for my own use? ;) It's good to hear that you are feeling a little better now. I hope everything goes well for you at the pdoc appointment. Oh, and I have added your blog to my visit list. I'll definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol
    you know what help?
    a trip to the coast :D
    cos really, if i was living in bw i wldn't want to leave the house either...
    *smiles*
    xx

    ReplyDelete