Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My First Meme!

I've been tagged for my first ever meme. Woohoo! I'm gonna kill you, blogaholic.

Anyway, here goes ...

10 years ago: 1995 was a big year for me ... lots of firsts. I graduated with a Bachelor of Community Welfare from JCU. I was 24 and getting used to living and working (in my first social welfare job) in my first mining town.

5 years ago: Mmm ... let me see. I was living in the same town in which I am now. I was newly engaged. I started working at my local high school as a teacher aide.

1 year ago: Oh, last year was my "dark year". I was in the grip of depression, tried to off myself a few times and was just about to meet my pdoc for the first time during my first hospital stay. Mmm ... lots of "firsts" there too.

Yesterday: My Monday was a quiet, average day. I spent a lot of time sitting in front of the computer chatting and surfing blogs and drinking way too much coffee. I actually did get up off my butt at one stage and threw a load of laundry in the washing machine.

Today: See yesterday!

Tomorrow: Visiting the "semi-big smoke" for my pdoc appointment and a browse around the shops.

5 snacks I enjoy: coffee (can I call that a snack?), chocolate, crackers and cheese, frozen coke, icecream.

5 bands that I know the lyrics of most of their songs: Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd and Pink Floyd.

5 things I would do with $100 000 000: Oh man ... wouldn't it be great to be filthy rich! Ummm, let me think. I'd pay off Hubby's and my bills. Then I would buy a nice house on a few acres somewhere that is actually a nice place to live. Next I would give some money to a couple of friends and a couple of family members so that they could pay off their debts and live somewhere nice. With that huge amount of money I wouldn't feel right without donating some of it to a few charities, e.g. guide dogs, RSPCA and maybe World Vision. Finally, I would shop like there is no tomorrow.

5 locations that I would like to run away to: I only need three options here. Firstly, New Zealand's gorgeous south island, secondly, Australia's Snowy Mountains or finally, some place where I could live without close neighbours but within a few hours drive of a really big shopping centre and some friends.

5 bad habits I have: Oh, do I have to answer this one truthfully? Laziness, farting (hey, who doesn't!), swearing too much, giggling inappropriately (think Dr Hibbert on the Simpsons), oh and of course smoking.

5 things I like doing: blogging, chatting on the Net, surfing the Net (eek ... there is a theme emerging here!), spending time with my furry kids and finally having coffee with friends.

5 things I would never wear: a bikini (I just wouldn't put the citizens of the world through that), pj's in public (that's just WRONG), thong underwear (my butt crack would get too hungry), low rise jeans and a crop top (again just WRONG if you aren't built like a professional swimmer), body art (love the look on others, but far too woosy to get any myself).

5 TV shows I like: Monk, Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Law and Order SVU and Australian Idol.

5 movies I like: Good Will Hunting, Girl Interrupted, A Beautiful Mind, Erskinville Kings (gritty Aussie B grade drama with Hugh Jackman) and Shrek.

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Umm ... no one really. Perhaps all the members, both past and current, of Pink Floyd.

5 biggest joys at the moment: Oh gawd, that's a tough question. Probably Nikita and Shakara, my two dogs and Captain, my cat. That's about all.

I am tagging: Joey and Mothman (come on Mothy ... you know that you want to have an excuse to talk about yourself!)

8 comments:

  1. yeah-now wasn't that fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((((Blogaholic))))))

    Okay, okay ... so I won't necessarily fly over there and kill ya. It was kinda fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ the moth joke
    we ALL know that the man of moths likes to talk about himself!!
    some call it the male ego, i think it's the male come moth ego... lol
    hehehe
    i'll get to this later tonight!! unfortunately have to sew costumes and crap tonight. performing waka for the skl community 2mrw and there's still things to finish, adjustments to be made etc.
    talk about freakin stress!!!
    oh and did u get my WK email... eek!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too loved girl interrupted and I think a beautiful mind was the only movie I have seen that did mental illness well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to know more about you. The Pink Floyd, the movies you like, what you would do if you were that rich (don't forget me.).

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - 10 years ago, I too graduated from univ, with a Bachelor's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. by the way - Re: places you'd like to run away to:
    Just the South Island of New Zealand? Lemme tell ya, the North Island is a GREAT place to visit too!!
    We've got ski slopes, Ruapehu, some awesome walking tracks - the Tongariro Crossing (world's best one day walk), Rotorua with its thermal hot springs, etc.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Polar Bear, the north island sounds lovely too. I haven't had the opportunity to visit the north island as yet. Hubby and I honeymooned around the south island a few years ago now. You live is such a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete