Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Cat Pee: The New Air Freshener

OMFG ... the stench!!

Why, oh why do these weird situations involving animals always happen in Hubby's and my house? Okay, so they don't "always" happen, but regularly enough to go, WTF!

Early this morning, just after 1:30, I was awoken by a huge ruckus just outside my bedroom door. Before I could leap out of bed, my Hubby came racing into the room, trying desperately to get our two dogs to follow him. Unfortunately, they had their furry little minds firmly set on something else though, but Hubby did manage to throw the dogs into the bedroom, firmly shutting the door behind him.

That something else that the dogs were fixated upon was a terrified kitty that had somehow made its way into our house and down the hallway only to be confronted by two dogs which really hate night-time visitations by strange cats. Our dogs had obviously accosted the poor, defenseless kitty as it ventured down our hallway.

The trail of destruction led into the bathroom where the cat must have jumped onto the bathroom sink, scooted across the window sill, only to somehow slip past the salivating canines to seek refuge in our extremely cluttered computer room. By doing this, the kitty had toppled over just about everything he could have. In his wake, he left a bottle of baby oil spilt all over the bathroom floor, along with my contacts lens paraphernalia, several combs and brushes and the bathroom matt slowly soaking in the spilt baby oil. Yuck!

Hubby finally rescued the invading kitty from its hideout in the computer room. After a quick inspection for wounds, he released the kitty out into the front yard, far beyond the reach of our dogs.

The only problem with this whole situation (since both the dogs and the kitty weren't hurt) is the disgusting smell that the kitty left us as a memento of his visit. The poor, little thing must have been so terrified that it literally pissed itself in fear. To top that, he must have peed absolutely everywhere because the whole house just stinks of cat pee despite the quick run around I did with the mop this morning before I left for my pdoc appointment. I am so gonna have to fumigate the whole house tomorrow. Ick!

Anyway, our weird animal incidents now include:
  1. Two late night visitations by strange kitties (unfortunately with the same result ... cat pee!) The first visiting kitty left us all scratched though. Dumb cats!
  2. Two incidents involving feral rabbits inside the house. The first one was relatively mild with the dead rabbit being found in the spare room after we noticed that all our pets were taking way to much notice of the spare room. Yuck! The second was a little more disgusting. Hubby and I were woken up in the middle of the night with Shakara (my Australian Shepherd) chowing down on a feral rabbit in our bed. Double yuck!

5 comments:

  1. ewww.... "chowing down on a feral rabbit" in your bed??? Eeekkk.... I would have thrown the bed away!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is creepy. How are these animals making their way into your home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I can't imagine the rabbit in the bed. I know that my cat used to bring me "presents" that she would leave near my door-usually mice. My dog wants to chase all the baby bunnies at the pond all the time, but I won't let him. He did get a ground squirrel one day, but he didn't want to hurt it, he just wanted a new toy. I hope the cat was a girl and not a boy. Cat pee is bad, cat spray is unbearable! UGH! We had female cats but that lead every cat in the neighborhood that was a male to spray near our back porch at one point. The stench!
    you would think that if they were going to choose a house to wander into that it wouldn't be one with two big dogs living there. I hope this is the last of your late night visitors for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pmsl
    the only thing worse than the smell of cat wee is... actually, no, there's nothing worse than the smell of cat wee
    sorry bout that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe ... thanks for the comments everyone.

    Joey, thanks for trying to think of something that smells worse than cat pee. How supportive! LMAO

    JC & Polar, oh yeah, the rabbit in the bed was pretty disgusting. I'm just so glad that Hubby wasn't working night shift that night. JC, from your description I hope the cat was a girl too. Eek!

    Jay ... LOL!! We actually leave a window open all the time so our cat has access to the house. It's just not meant as an entry for other animals. :)

    ReplyDelete