Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Hospital Visit Update

I've just arrived home from the hospital. Although Hubby did call me from the hospital around 6:00pm to pick him up and bring him home, he didn't stay at home for long. Within a very short time the pethidine he had been given had worn off and his pain returned.

To cut a long story short, he has been admitted into hospital. He will stay there overnight at least. The doctor saw him earlier this evening and indicated that Hubby may actually have an ulcer. It looks like Hubby may need to have some tests done to pinpoint exactly what the problem is. We will know more in the morning after he sees the doctor again.

All that I can say is, please someone give me a razor. I know that it is nothing to be really concerned about, but it is worrying nevertheless. I'm feeling pretty emotional. I have taken my meds however. I only have to hold out for another hour.

5 comments:

  1. Poor you, and poor Hubby! I'd be emotional too if anything happened to my hubby. You have to remain optimistic though, worrying yourself isn't going to help anyone at all. But yeah, I know that's easier said than done :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard not to feel emotional when somebody you love is in pain. i hope everything is ok and keep us updated ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby will need you there so forget about razors. He will be OK don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you in spirit. Hold on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts when Hubby was in hospital. Thankfully he only spent the one night in hospital and is as "fit as a mallie bull" (his words ... hehe) now.

    ReplyDelete