Sunday, January 01, 2006

Churn That Tummy!

Ugh! I am such a city girl at heart even if I have been transplanted into this coal mining hell town for the past eight years.

One of Hubby's work mates turned up on our door step with a rabbit on Saturday. No, not a fluffy, long-eared cutie to keep as a pet (it's illegal to keep rabbits as pets in Queensland anyway), but a dead, skinned rabbit for cooking.

Yuck! Chunder! How the heck am I going to cook poor little bugs? Despite it being dead and all, it still resembles a rabbit. I prefer my meat unrecognisable thanks. *shudder*

I've pleaded with Hubby to cook the rabbit himself. After all, it was Hubby that mentioned to his work mate how much he would like to chow down on a bunny. I knew nothing about the plan they were hatching until the work mate turned up with the poor little critter. It's a no go though. Hubby expects me to cook it. Yikes! My tummy is churning just thinking about it.

Being the good, little wifey that I am (*chokes*), I have scoured the Internet for possible recipes. I found a sauteed rabbit recipe that I might be able to pull off. God save me! How am I going to withhold the vomiting when I make the first cut? If I know one thing for sure, I'm not going to eat it.

Bugs image from: http://www.keyattraction.co.uk/shop/3/

6 comments:

  1. arrgghh... i'm home.

    you've been blogging I see. like, A LOT!! lol

    i'm tired so i'm just gonna leave this one comment instead of heaps of comments all the way thru!! :D

    happy new years and all that crap. thanks for the emerald blog. a trip down memory lane for me lol. *grins*

    feeling better, ish. the end of year blues or something like that... i WAS planning on ringing you tomorrow, but turns out i haven't paid my phone bill in so long they've disconnected me lol. well, not ENTIRELY disconnected me, just put a stop to me making calls dammit!!

    stupid phone companies. expecting to get paid. what's with that!!!

    will chat soon.

    fuck its only january. *stares blankly*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and as for the rabbit stew or whatever - hahahahahaha. i can unfortunately still remember what a skinned bugs looks like...

    *shudders*

    poor, poor you.

    poor, poor wabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, um yeah thats gross. poor rabbit. and i was wondering, why is it illegal to have rabbits as pets, they're harmless, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Late, but Happy New Year. I do love your photos and of course everything you share. I seem stuck in a spiritual unfolding as of late. Trying to make sense of it all. I keep wondering when the bottom is going to fall out. I guess I should feel lucky.

    I so relate to your feeling of melancholy. So often I find myself right on that edge. You know though overall you really do seem more stable. I have been told that rabbit tasts like chicken but I could not cook one either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, poor little rabbit!!

    I used to keep rabbits as pets. It'd be hard for me to eat one. But I hear it's lean meat, which is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, Joey, Dawn, Steve and Polar. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is grossed out by the whole rabbit business. :)

    Dawn, its illegal to keep rabbits as pets in Queensland because they are a "feral" animal here. Apparently they make a bit of a mess of the place, especially from a farming viewpoint I think. It's okay in some other Aussie states to keep the little cuties as pets though.

    ReplyDelete