Friday, January 06, 2006

Mutant Mouth

Yuck! I've a mutant mouth! I woke up this morning to a swollen throat. It's spongy to touch and it's uncomfortable to swallow. When I look into the mirror there appears to be no space between my tongue and the back of my throat. Ick! Eek! Foul! Gross! What the heck have I eaten?

The funny thing is, I think I somehow incorporated the swollen throat into a dream last night. My dream featured Morgan Freeman of all people. He played the father figure while I played the child. The child was ill. She had trouble breathing. The father tried to get medical help for the child but because the family was poor no help was forthcoming. Instead, and here is the gross part, the father gave his own blood to the child. Apparently the father was on some sort of medication himself and he thought that by giving the child a dose of his blood every day, his medicated blood would make the child well again.

What a strange, strange dream! Oh, and here's to a day of uncomfortable swallowing and spongy throats!

4 comments:

  1. hope you feel better soon.i hate the yucky throat feeling, not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your throat feels better. Rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dawn and denise. The swelling is almost all gone now, thank goodness. What a weird feeling it was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sore throats suck, yeah... but wow at the way you remember your dreams. Seriously, wow. You dream so much AND you remember it. Very cool.

    I wish I could dream :(. Just so as I could have something interesting to blog about :(. I'll try harder tonight lol.

    :D

    ReplyDelete