Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dreaming of Different Places

As I begin to write this post, I've just been woken up by one of my furry kids. I was in the middle of the most amazing dream, so after taking the furries outside for a quick "wee walk", I've rushed back inside to record this dream before I forget its details.

Cast of characters:
  • Hubby - my husband of course. *winks*
  • Gubby - one of Hubby's work mates' daughters. She was a student at the school at which I used to work, although she had left school by the time I returned to work there at the end of last year.
  • Nicole - a friend and flatmate of mine from my uni days.
  • A smattering of guest appearances from people whom I don't know in real life, e.g. a real estate agent and a man attending a real estate open day.
Scenes:
  • A strange little complex that consisted of two houses which were separated by a large concreted courtyard. This complex was situated on one side of the primary school I went to when I was a kid. It stood in the place of the infant's school I attended during the first couple of years I spent at school.
  • A church which was converted into a three bedroom residence. The church is situated on the other side of the primary school. Although the church was slightly different in my dream (i.e. it had a huge, grassy back yard and an entrance hall attached to it), it's actually a real church which was up for sale on realestate.com.au a couple of weeks ago. I dreamt of winning the lotto and purchasing the church.
The dream:

The dream began with me moving into one of the two houses which were separated by the courtyard. The plan was to move into the house with Nicole and another couple. There were another few people that were known by all of us who planned to move into the other house.

On the day of our move, Nicole accused me of being completely different to when she first knew me. She stated that I was now a lot harder than I used to be. She thought I was being bossy when giving directions to her. At one stage when she was watching TV in her bedroom, I entered the room and proceeded to place something in the corner. She did not appreciate me barging into the room despite the bedroom door being open and me saying something to her as I entered. When she indicated her displeasure, I told her that she should shut the bedroom door if she desired more privacy and didn't want people to come into her bedroom. She did not appreciate that, instead saying that she should not have to.

I felt a bit annoyed and put out by what she had said to me. When Hubby arrived, I told him what she had said. I indicated that of course I had become a harder person because that's what I had to do in order to survive. I asked Hubby if we could perhaps change the plan and swap with a couple of the other people who were to move into the other house. I wanted to see if Hubby and I could move into that house instead and thus not live in the same house as Nicole.

The dream then moved onto on "open day" at the church, which was held by the real estate. There were a couple of other people attending the open day. In the dream, the church was furnished. The interior was lovely. I followed a man and the real estate agent into the church's back yard. Unlike the real church, the back yard was huge and had great potential. We then moved onto what appeared to be a large entrance hall. I followed the man and the real estate agent because I did not want to miss out on purchasing the church. They pretty much ignored me however, essentially only providing me with one syllable responses if I said anything.

When we were moving from the entrance hall into the church itself, I noticed Gubby. We greeted each other and I asked her how she come to be there, since the church is a day's drive from central Queensland. She indicated that she was visiting the area with her sporting team to participate in some sort of sporting event.

At the end of the dream, Hubby and I decided to come home, meaning the town in which we currently live. I asked him if we had to stay forever in our home town, not wanting to remain there for too long. He conveyed understanding of my feelings about not wanting to live in the town for too much longer and said that we could possibly move after another year.

That was the end of the dream. What an amazing one, hey! Isn't it strange how real people and places can be incorporated into such a strange little dream.

2 comments:

  1. Great dream. Curious if you find any meaning in it for yourself. By the way and I think I have said this before. I do so love your photos. I caught a post a few days back when you said you were enjoying it. Go with the flow and follow that enjoyment eha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to go with the flow and keep taking photos, Steve. I'm thinking about taking the camera in with me when I drive into the semi big smoke tomorrow. I've got my mind set on visiting the city's botantical gardens.

    As for the dream, it does hold some relevance to me. I would dearly love to move from the town in which I am currently living. Understandably Hubby isn't quite so keen on the idea in reality. The church in my dream does actually sit beside my old primary school, and the other housing complex is some sort of dream version of the infants school I attended as a young child. The old infants school used to be located on the other side of the primary school to the church and consisted of two buidlings separated by a parade ground.

    I haven't a clue why my old friend featured in the dream. I lost contact with her many years ago when I finished uni. I guess it has something to do me holding fond memories of my uni years.

    ReplyDelete