Monday, January 30, 2006

All Is Quiet

Gawd, I've been remiss when it comes to posting of late. There is just nothing going on in my life at the moment. All is quiet, including my mind which I guess is a good thing. Actually I think there are cobwebs collecting in my mind. If it gets any quieter in there, I'm going to start hearing the wind whistling between my ears. At least it is not an uncomfortable silence ... yet.

To break the monotony, I decided to take myself off on a little photography expedition today. Instead of heading east as I usually do, I steered the car to the west. Several years ago I passed through a little country town about an hour and a half drive from where I live. I have always meant to return to the area with a camera in hand. Today I did.

Virgin Rock
This is the view heading into town. The upper section of this hill is called Virgin Rock, apparently because it is supposed to resemble the Virgin Mary holding a baby Jesus. Mmmm! I think whoever named this rock had a vivid imagination!

Old Plough
In the centre of the town there is a park which sits adjacent to the tourist information centre. Being the middle of summer, of course the information centre was closed. The caravan set doesn't invade central Queensland until the cooler months of the year. Just next to the information centre sat this lovely old plough which was just begging to have its picture taken.

Old Hut
The infamous, padlocked shut information centre. Bummer! It's a cute, little building though.

View Towards Springsure
OMG, what I had to do to get this humble shot! According to the tourist information I lifted off the Internet before I embarked on my expedition, "a pleasant drive takes you to the nearby national park which includes full picnic facilities and spectacular views from three lookouts". Yeah right! Only if you are in for some heavy duty four wheel driving! Actually it wasn't that bad, but it was the worst bush track I've ever driven on by myself. I only made it to the first lookout. I wasn't game to continue any further, both because I was on my own and my car doesn't have a spare tyre at the moment.

So that was my day, as of 7:00pm that is. I guess I must have jinxed myself when I said nothing had been happening in my life of late. Hubby and I just got home from driving a two hour round trip to take one of our furry kids to the vet. Kara, my Aussie, was fine when I arrived home from my little jaunt this afternoon, but by the time Hubby got home from work at 8:00 she couldn't jump up at all. She usually jumps all over Hubby when he comes home. Being the overprotective doggy daddy that he is, Hubby rang the vet straight away. Everything is fine though. Well, sort of fine anyway. It does look like Kara has hurt herself in some way. The vet gave her a shot of anti-inflammatory though, so we'll see how she's feeling in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. OH, no!, poor puppy :( hope she's feeling her jumpy self soon.
    great shots disso. You have amazing things to take pics of there, you're are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place :)
    i love the cloud formations in that one shot. and i really see no resemblence to the virgin mary on that rock, too. i think the person who named it, was on acid at the time :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at Dawn... apparently you're "lucky" to live out in the sticks Disso. Hehehe.

    It photographs well, and its ok for a short visit if you want to relax and the beach is packed lol.

    I'm trying to place the town tho. Looks familiar but.. ???

    What? Where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey ... LOL ... yeah, I think I would rather just be visiting central Queensland and be living down in the real world like you. As for the "what and where", I can't believe that you don't recognise the one of the jewels of the Central Highlands. It's none other than Springsure! *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duskydawn ... I love the acid explanation! I reckon you may be onto something there! LOL
    Kara's not doing too bad. She's still sore and I am buggered if I know what she has done to herself. She's on meds now (just like her mummy ... lol) so we'll see how she goes over the next handful of days.

    ReplyDelete