Friday, January 13, 2006

Introducing ...

Semi big smoke!

Finally, after all my talk of "semi big smoke", here it is! The below piccie is a view of semi big smoke from what is known as Mount Archer. Mount Archer is the place for views west to semi big smoke and east towards the coast.



See the high rise of the city? Nope, neither do I! Semi big smoke isn't a big city by any stretch of the imagine. The city's high rise buildings consist of maybe one or two of the larger motels which probably only reach maybe five storeys high.



This is the view from Mount Archer towards the coast. Unfortunately there is no sign of an ocean out there (semi big smoke is a little way inland) but I thought the hills in the distance looked pretty cool.

Okay, now it is really late. I'm off to bed! *smiles*

6 comments:

  1. The last photo should be a painting on a wall. Photography brings out the best in you. Your eye for a great shot is wonderful. You should seriously consider taking this up.

    Have a great weekend and I hope to see more of your photos! XOXOX

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, Denise! :) Actually, earlier today I started up another blog just for photos, "Photographic Journeys". I'm really having fun with all this photography stuff, so hopefully I will be posting more piccies over there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Denise. I think that photography is really good for you!! Helps you capture the world and perhaps feel more a part of it??

    Hmmm. If this works long-term WE could make a lot of money by developing a "Photographic Arts Therapy Program". Hehehehe.

    And btw, there are heaps of things that NEED photographing down here on the coast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol-i started a photoblog too. thats funny. ever since i got a new camera for christmas, ive been taking pictures of everything.

    these are really nice pictures, and makes me want to be there even more. you live in such a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey ... a "Photographic Arts Therapy Program" sounds like a freakin' good idea!!! Mmmm, I got the perfect person to steal ideas off of too. GBF used to run a similar program down in the Valley, except his was based on theatre arts. Oh, just think of all the fame you could get by getting published in the psychology journals! Oh, oh, and the money sounds good too! Oh, oh, oh, and we can be all egalitarian and that. Where do I sign up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duskydawn ... fantastic! Man, what a coincidence! I am sooooo gonna link to your new blog.

    ReplyDelete