Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Been Playing

No prizes for guessing what I have been doing today. Yep, you got it! Learning to take photographs of lit candles. *smiles*

Actually pretty much my entire day was taken up with something to do with cameras and photographs. This morning I grabbed the camera and headed out to my front garden to take a piccie of a certain flower I've had my eye on for ages. It's such an unusual flower and unfortunately it only really lasts a day or two at most. Even more unfortunate is that it is not particularly photogenic when it comes to my non-existent artistic skills. Bugger! Not to worry though, there are plenty more flowers out there for me to cut my teeth on.

When I was not searching the internet for simple photography tips, I was browsing local area websites for ideas on where to go to take photographs. As a result of this research, I have a couple of little towns in mind, both of which are within a couple hours drive (I think). One is west of the town in which I live. I drove there a few years ago to visit clients of an agency for which I used to work. At the time I remember thinking, "Wow, what a beautiful area. I wish I had a camera." The other town is to the east. The locals that have been to the town have always said to me that there was nothing there and not to bother visiting. From what I saw on the Web though, I'm inclined to disagree. The town looks steeped in European history.

Gawd, I sound so completely obsessed! Mind you, I guess it is about time I found myself a hobby that I actually enjoy and can spent time learning about.

As for my mood and such, for the past two weeks I have felt the best that I have in a very long time. To be honest, it is bloody refreshing. I'm not ready to give up my ultimate weapon against myself (i.e. smoking) or anything, but an improvement is an improvement. There are still times when I think, "Why bother!" and wish that I could swallow lots of little things, but they are becoming fewer and farther in between. The issue which only seems to raise its ugly head when I am feeling a little better about myself has returned but that is to be expected I guess.

So in short, it is cool if I wake up tomorrow alive. *smiles*

3 comments:

  1. HUGS! Yeah! You have been helping so many people through your writing and your photos... it's nice to see you are feeling great in return. Such a healthy obsession you have dived into.

    I quit smoking Dec. 5th and it was so difficult. Using the patch made a world of difference. I can't help but smell my hands, hair and clothes every minute of every day!

    I hope you stay in this frame of mind for a long time. You deserve some happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography, from what I've seen, is absolutely beautiful. So glad you're feel good these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... photography, good. Feeling good, good... but I'm worried about the important stuff here!

    When you're feeling even better and you're "no longer certifiably crazy" (lol), what will become of your blog?? I mean, if you're all "sane and light" you can't use a blog called "crazed and dark". :S

    Eek. Your poor blog...

    *pats the bloggy*

    There, there, don't cry bloggy.

    ReplyDelete