Friday, January 06, 2006

Have Camera, Will Shoot

What a day! I'm completely stuffed! GBF and I spent the afternoon driving around a little central Queensland town called Bluff in the 40 degree (celsius) heat. There was a method to our madness though. We were after more photographs. I think GBF really likes to commandeer my camera and go off on these little photography jaunts. Not that I mind at all. I enjoy it too. But, oh my god it was hot today. I even have the headache to prove it. Ouch!

Queenslander style home

Photo No. 1: This little house was quite cute. It's such a typical old Queenslander style home, complete with a wrecked truck in the yard.

Bluff Mansion

Photo No. 2: Another Bluff "house" and I use that term loosely. What a contrast to the Queenslander style home!

Tree Bones

Photo No. 3: Err, a photo of a dead tree! GBF took this photo, which is just as well because I didn't even notice the tree's presence until I saw the photo. I think it looks pretty cool though.

Dam of Reeds

Photo No. 4: We discovered a small, reed filled dam in the middle of the Bluff horse racing track. The track is essentially unused so we were amazed to find this little dam.

Crazy man sporting a photo sign

Photo No. 5: Mmm, I wonder who this crazy looking man is? *stifles a giggle* I couldn't resist taking a photo of the photo and somehow that crazy character managed to talk his way into the shot.

Huge scarey spider

Photo No. 6: What can I say about this critter other than it was huge and scary and I am incredibly thankful that my camera sports a 12x optical zoom. *shudders*

Central Queensland Sunset

Photo No. 7: Okay, this photo is a bit of a ring in because we didn't actually take it today. We snapped this one off about a week ago during our photography trip to the local cemetery and beyond. The sky was so spectacular that afternoon though, so I thought this photo deserved a place amongst the others.

On a more serious note, I'm still not feeling all that flash although getting out of the house today was probably a godsend. Apart from being tired, having a funky throat and nursing a bit of a headache, I'm still feeling pretty blah. Throughout the day, I've remained acutely aware of last night's little internal struggle. I think I should just give up on myself. I can have a fun filled day, yet these stupid thoughts still invade my head. I'm even toying with the idea of keeping myself occupied for the first part of this year by doing a simple TAFE certificate in website design. I'm sure to enjoy learning what I can through the certificate, but I am still filled with this sense of despondency.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah yeah... do the website design course! Do it!!! Then you can teach me!!!!! :D :D :D

    What an EXCELLENT idea!!

    btw, good pics. you should look into photography too lol. it'd be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pix!! I esp. like the one of the dead tree.

    ReplyDelete