Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Semi Big Smoke's Zoo

Wednesdays mean my weekly drive into the semi big smoke for my pdoc appointment. In keeping with my recent obsession with photography, I decided to visit the local zoo and botanical gardens to snap off a few pictures. Below is a selection of some of the animals which are housed in the zoo.

Thoughtful PrimateThis is definitely my favourite image out of all the photographs I took today (and I took a heap). This guy looks so thoughtful. I wonder what he is thinking, surrounded by all those bars. Thankfully my camera focussed on him rather than the bars.

Water BirdNow that I have uploaded all of today's photos onto my laptop, I am seriously wishing that I made note of which animals I actually took pictures of. I have no idea what kind of bird this guy is, other than some sort of water bird ... a species of duck I guess. Whatever he is, he's a little cutie.

KoalaAs an Aussie, I have no trouble whatsoever identifying this critter. Surely sleeping in a fork in a tree can't be comfortable. I guess that is a koala's life though, hey.

Smiling CrocodileMmmm, how does that song go again? Never smile at a crocodile? Now I know why. The bugger might actually smile back. Eek!

I've got a handful of other photographs from today's expedition that I will no doubt post shortly. Oh, and I guess I should write something about my pdoc appointment as well. I might keep that for another post too. *smiles*

4 comments:

  1. Excellent photos! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. More cool pics.

    I LOVE that monkey photo too!! Isnt it funny how he looks so very intelligent, almost like he's deep in thought.

    Wow. Go Monkey!

    Of course, he's probably thinkin about pickin his butt or something, but the point is that he LOOKS intelligent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!!

    Luke blogged.

    :|

    ReplyDelete