Wednesday, September 28, 2005

You Know You Are Getting Older When ...

... your eyesight goes all fuzzy when you are tired. Tiredness and keratoconus just don't mix. I won't even go into how difficult it has become to see what's written on a whiteboard at the front of a classroom. Yikes! Next I will be needing to train my furry kids to become guide dogs!

Whinging aside, today was surprisingly okay for a Wednesday. As per usual, I drove into the semi big smoke to attend my pdoc appointment. Today however, I decided to leave a little earlier and indulge in some serious retail therapy. I had an excuse for the spending spree though. Hubby and I are attending a wedding on the weekend, so I spent up big on a new outfit and some jewellery. Woohoo! Just as well I am working again. I'm going to need the extra money just to pay off all my purchases.

My pdoc appointment went quite well, all things considered. I was a little more talkative than usual. The pdoc and I actually had a couple of short conversations. Shock! Yay me for talking in sentences!

Basically we spent the appointment discussing what I had written in this blog over the past week. For what seemed to be the first time, I could relate to what he said about my experiences of the past week ... how I had been scared about returning to work and that perhaps my version of reality (in respect to how I thought that I didn't really have the job) had been a little off. Mmmm. The description that I have just written doesn't give what he said justice. What he said was actually a heck of a lot clearer than that. Oh well. I've never claimed to have a good memory.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that tonight. I have a few more thoughts running through my head about what I was thinking during the pdoc appointment. I'm feeling pretty tired though, so I think I will have an early night and watch a little TV before getting some sleep. Hopefully I will remember these thoughts and write about them during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment