Monday, September 26, 2005

Success!

Well, I survived! It was my first day back at work today after over twelve months of sitting on my butt. Okay, well three months of that I spent in a couple of different hospitals, but you get that hey. Gawd, I can't believe that I haven't done a lick of work since July last year. Geez!

I suppose I will continue with a rundown of my day.

To begin with, I woke up on time. Phew! Given my recent track record of sleeping what seems like the entire day away, I was a little anxious about waking up on time. There were no problems there though, and surprise surprise, I stayed awake the entire day. I'll shout myself a stubbie for that. *Swallows a mouthful of beer*

I must admit that I was, to put it bluntly, shitting bricks this morning. I was still thinking that this job thing was all a dream that my brain had somehow concocted and I would turn up at the school, only to be told that I had been mistaken about the job offer. Of course that didn't happen. I turned up for work and everything was fine. Duh!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my first day back in the workforce wasn't as scary as I had imagined. I think it certainly helped going back to a workplace with which I was familiar. Although there was a large turnover of staff at the end of last year, the vast majority of teachers and support staff who did know me from my previous work at the school were incredibly welcoming. It was almost like I had never left. It was fun (or should that be challenging) to work with the students again.

Time for bed. I'm exhausted!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats, disso_k!

    I start my new job next week and I'm a nervous wreck!

    Glad your first day went well.
    Best of luck with the rest of the week.

    Polar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo very glad that it went well for you. I was hoping you would feel better after the first day. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaaaay, im so glad your day was a success. hope you have an awesome rest of the week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Go get em' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yey!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete