Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wake Me Up When September Ends

I don't know quite where to start, except to say that I know, in a logical sense, that what I will probably end up writing about tonight is not true. I know its not. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that I don't feel like it's true.

I've completely shut down. I am a shell at the moment. Nothing exists within me. I am not real. Nothing that I have ever experienced has been real. It's all been part of some weird, bloody show that just won't stop. Gawd, I want it to stop. I really do. However I know that I can't make it stop. I am a failure in that sense. I don't have the fortitude to carry any of my plans or fantasies through.

I attended my pdoc appointment this afternoon. Of course I did. It's the only damn time when I talk/write like this. Okay, that's not entirely true. I can shut myself down at any time I suppose.

The drive home was horrendous. It was two hours of tunnel vision, just trying to concentrate enough to stay on the road. I don't know why I bothered to concentrate so much. The trees to the side of the road were inviting. I even cried on the way home. What's with that? I don't cry anymore.

I don't know what else to write. Maybe I will just end with Pink Floyd's words, "Stop! I wanna go home! Talk off this uniform and leave the show." I've had enough!

4 comments:

  1. It is more the understandable that you would feel this way. Dealing with mental illness is no picnic.

    Times of despair hit like a freight train and often when we least expect it.

    All I can say is just try to hold onto a strong branch as the whirlpool swirls around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hon i definitely feel ya on that! i found myself spacing out off and on today and i just saw my therapist yesterday....and the bitch of it is, i was feeling fine yesterday-WTF happened today?

    it's like people who know me say that i have a lot going for myself, but i just dont see it. sure i write poetry, and have some artistic talents, but i just dont know what the hell to do about them. my pdoc increased my meds to calm the "psychotic features" of my illness, and now i walk around in a fucking fog...sleepy in the mornings and comatose at night....

    if someone had told me being mentally ill was this bad, i probably would have ended it all a long time ago...

    we just got to hang in there hon, even if we dont know or cant figure out why.

    Hugs!
    ((((((((((((Kym)))))))))))))))

    genelle a/k/a mizeeyore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better soon. I had a bad day the other day also, so I can relate in a sense. Just focus on the positive and try to let the negative go. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sometimes those appointments only make things worse huh? I guess it has to get bad before it gets better. Put on some very comfy pjs, and watch a sad girly movie and get it all out :-)
    Hope tomorrow brings a brighter day for you.

    ReplyDelete