Sunday, September 18, 2005

Aussie Idol Week 2 Finals

I'm turning into such an Australian Idol addict this year. I am absolutely loving some of this year's contestants. Unfortunately tonight I missed a couple of the girl's performances because I had a telephone call. That was a bit of a bummer. I did get to see my two favourites though.
  • Dan England: the guy with the dreads. Gawd his voice is phenomenal. He sang "Unchained Melody" tonight. Initially I thought that it was a bizarre song choice for him, but he blew me away. I'm really hoping that he wins this year.
  • Lee Harding: the punk guy. He sang "I'm A Believer" and performed it brilliantly. His voice isn't as strong as some of the other contestants so I don't think he will win. I hope he sticks around for a while though because he is a hell of a lot of fun.
As for the girls' performances, I did get to see Kate's. I thought it was pretty good. The girl can certainly sing. I missed Emily's performance due to the phone call. I caught the tail end of what the judges' were saying about her performance. Apparently she did really well. From last week's performance, she does have an excellent voice.

2 comments:

  1. Why is it when you are just about to settle down to dinner, watch a favorite show, go out the door... that the bloody phone starts ringing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gabbi, I know. It always seems to be the case, hey.

    I had a nice surprise today though. Channel 10 re-aired Australian Idol again, so I got to see the performances I had missed last night.

    ReplyDelete