Friday, September 02, 2005

Furry Visitor

I woke up this morning to the sound of meowing. The strange cat is still hanging around the front yard. I can't believe he stuck around over night! We locked our old guy in the house last night to try to dissuade the visitor from staying.

The two rivals!

Friends?

This morning I decided to sit down and have a coffee and a few cigarettes on the front porch to see if I could get a better look at our visitor. He appears to be an intact male. Eek! I do hope that he is not trying to hone in on our kitty's territory. I'll wring our visitor's furry, little neck if he chases our cat away.

However, after a short spat or two this morning, the two cats seem to be becoming accustomed to each other. They are both snoozing on Hubby's old speedway car's bonnet at the moment.

Mmmm. Our visitor must be getting quite hungry by now. I'm tempted to leave some food out for him tonight if he is still here.

I wonder where he came from?

7 comments:

  1. I wish that was the case with my cat. The visitor would always bully him and chase him away and get food from his plate (whatever you call it). I hate that stupid stubby white cat. LOL.

    Dr. Fil

    BA~~49

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the job and your new fur child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww and they look so cute together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC ... thanks. :) I'm not sure if our visiting kitty is going to hang around though. The dogs aren't keen on his presence. I've noticed our cat is "spraying" around the front yard too. Eek! I didn't know desexed kitties could do that. Secretly though, I wouldn't mind a new cat around the house if our guys got used to him.

    Nikki-ann ... they do look cute together, don't they! :)

    Dr Fil ... awww, your visiting kitty doesn't sound very nice at all. I hope your cat is able to show him who the boss is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently, my cat isn't. He's a pretty small one. Way smaller than that big white older cat. He just keeps screaming like his head's getting chopped off everytime that visitor shows up to get his lunch.

    Dr. Fil

    BA~~49

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha
    a new cat AND a new job!
    wow, life's looking up
    go figure!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww what cute cats! i'm a cat lover too but unfortunately my oldest daughter is terribly allergic so i cant keep one.

    congrats on the new job! i hope it will work out well for you -- well i know it will *smile* you are a very intelligent lady and i know you will be an asset to the job. *big grin*

    take care hon and dont let negativity rent free space in your head!

    Hugs
    (((((((((((disso)))))))))))))

    miz e

    ReplyDelete