Saturday, September 17, 2005

Touching Base

It's been a while since I have written a post on how I have been going with my moods, emotions and such. The truth is that I had been feeling incredibly low there for a while and felt like I needed to take a break from focusing daily on my state of wellbeing when I posted to this journal. It's time to reflect a little however and touch base with myself again.

To begin with, I guess I don't feel in touch with myself. I feel shallow, lost to myself. I think I might be missing the substance that I used to have, way back there during a time that I have largely forgotten. I'm pretty sure that that time existed though. It's just that the longer this lasts, the less sure I am.

Maybe it all comes back to the "just existing" thing. I'm not sure. All that I know is that this doesn't feel right. Having said that though, I don't know if I really care to live or not. As I have mentioned before, it is the just existing that has kept me going. I cannot hope that there is more. It is too dangerous.

Gawd, is this making any sense at all?

Secondly, I seem to be getting into the razor play again. I went so long with not being able to do it. It's becoming easier again though. I am wanting to do it. I am wanting to go further with it. For the first time in a long time this morning, I had the "aaaahhhhhh" feeling when I did it. That's why it can be so alluring. I guess I should be thankful thank it is only incredibly superficial and that I haven't burnt again.

So there it is. That was my "touching base" post. Despite what I have written, I am actually travelling okay, at least outwardly anyway. It's just the inside that is barren.

2 comments:

  1. The past seems unsure to me as well. I think the biggest part of depression is dwelling on things. The pills make me forgetful, which can be good. Anxiety meds seem to help lessen the intensity of things so cutting doesn't become an issue. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aarrrgghhhh

    i have a theory. maybe you and i share some sort of stupid cosmic thing. where we only have enough positivity and happiness for one person. thats why we tend to both be numb and emotionless - cos we only half of our required positivity.

    and now that i'm feeling good (ish)... i have 75 or even 80% of our shared positivity and you only have 20%... i'm taking your share atm.

    hmmm... interesting theory huh??

    will ring shortly... just downloading music!!

    *hugs you* despite both of us being anti-social islands lol

    shit, you know, i do have an alternate theory... we're both possessed by demons, only i've been to church like TWICE - two Sundays in a row for fucks sake!!! so i'm gradually being exorcised lol :P

    nah i prefer the first theory!!!

    ReplyDelete