Sunday, September 18, 2005

Weird and Wonderful Dreams

Just recently, I seem to be able to dream again. I suppose it would be more correct to say that I am able to remember an occasional dream upon waking. I haven't been able to remember my dreams for such a long time now. I guess it is good that this ability is returning, although it could be because a certain furry pain in the butt is waking me up early these days to take her outside for a "wee walk".

Last night's dream is similar to one I have had before, or at least I think it is. It seemed a little familiar. This time around, however, the dream had more detail. The details of the dream are as follows.

I had just moved into an older style home with a number of other people. All of us were students of some kind. Each of us picked out our bedrooms. Some of us (me included I think) had to share our bedroom with another person. A couple of the guys had their own bedrooms.

We each moved our own furniture into our chosen bedrooms. My television graced the living room however, as I remember reclining on the couch at one stage during the dream, watching whatever was showing.

It soon became apparent that the house was haunted. As I entered a long, empty room, I saw the ghost of a young boy fleeing across the room and out the far doorway. Just after he disappeared, a female house mate entered the room. I told her what I had seen. She indicated that she had also seen the ghost of the boy.

From that point in the dream, it seemed as if I had experienced the house before. I knew the ghosts that inhabited the house and where their favourite haunts where. I walked around the rooms of the house and identified the particular rooms where the ghosts frequented. There was the young boy who was seen in the long, empty room. There was also a young woman although I can't remember which room she frequented now. Both the boy and the woman were harmless.

The boy and woman were not the only ghosts to inhabit the old house. There was also a malevolent male entity. As I walked past one of the guys' bedrooms, I recognised it to be one of the rooms where the male entity's presence could be felt.

Just past the bedroom was a staircase and a small alcove of a room. In this alcove was a young girl who was apparently visiting one of the house mates. Her bedding was set up in the small, rectangular space, so apparently she was going to sleep there during her visit. Instantly I knew that this area was the epicentre of the malevolent entity's hauntings. For some bizarre reason I told the young girl about the ghost. (What adult would scare a child with such a story ... geez). To redeem myself a little, I spent a short time explaining to the girl that there was really nothing to worry about and if she was to become scared, to seek out one of the adults in the house.

After speaking with the girl, the spooky stuff started happening to me. This is the part of the dream where I don't remember a great deal of detail, but it appeared that the malevolent entity wanted to play with me a bit. One instance involved the staircase in between the guy's bedroom and the girl's alcove. Here, the entity somehow caught me up in some sort of rope and flung me around the staircase's banister. I think he was trying to choke me. The second instance occurred in another long room. Essentially, he picked me up in the air and floated me around the room. He meant to do me some sort of harm again, but did not succeed in doing so.

Anyway, that was my dream. It played like a movie in my head really, so it wasn't a scary nightmare or anything along those lines. Still, it is sort of funny to sit back now this afternoon and write down my recollections of the dream.

Photo credit: stock.xchng - the leading free stock photography site

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting dream, complete with ghosts and such. It's good to write them down, since they do fade quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I love to stop by here. You write so well and even help me to verbalize emotions I've been feeling. Please keep writing!!!

    I have been remembering my vivid dreams recently as well. I went through a period of a few months without dreaming. I was under a lot of stress, complete with a detached feeling from everything and memory loss. So the fact we are dreaming now should indicate we are connecting with ... with ... our inner emotions? Oh I don't know how to phrase it, but I think dreaming again is a good sign.

    I'm glad you are back at work. It's scary to start something new but I know you will be just fine. You are very strong & I admire your courage to face each day head on.

    ReplyDelete