Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lazy Sundays

The picture to the left is a photo I took earlier this evening of two butterflies resting on a blade of grass in the backyard. With all the lovely rain that has been falling recently around my neck of the woods, these guys are everywhere. They make a far more attractive night time guest than the usual cane toads, that's for sure.

I've had an extremely quiet Sunday. I literally spent all day sitting in front of the computer surfing blogs. I couldn't be bothered to do anything else. I haven't even had a shower (yuck, I know). I just didn't feel like moving.

It's not that I am feeling overly down or anything. In fact, this weekend I have been feeling quite okay. I haven't had any dark thoughts. I've had very little desire to engage in any SH. For a change, work issues are not laying heavily on my shoulders.

The only whinge that I could possibly make regarding the weekend is that I was extremely tired yesterday and as cranky as hell. It didn't help that Hubby and I had to drive over to the nearest town to take our furry kids for their yearly check-up at the vet. Having two dogs, a cat and a frustrated hubby in the car certainly didn't make for a stress free trip.

Maybe because of all the garbage that has been happening of late I just needed a quiet day to do my own thing. Today has certainly been one of those days. I do feel better for it too.

4 comments:

  1. Every so often You just need to recharge. Life has too much stress; job, family, dogs, mice, and a list too long to write, conspire to drive us mad sometimes. Our only recourse sometimes is to fall back, regroup, and once rested, back at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh..quiet lazy Sundays.... can't live without them every now and then! I'd have to agree it sure is nice to be away from work for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible photo. Though fall and winter have their place I miss your beautiful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pmsl

    When pb dropped around my place the other night he commented on the toad factor in my driveway/carport. I think he would have preferred butterflies too lol.

    Of course, you can imagine my retort, "yeah I keep them there, I even feed em". lol

    ReplyDelete