Thursday, December 08, 2005

Frustrations and Anger

I'm still firmly entrenched in my "mega bitch from hell" mode. I am just so cranky. Every little thing that doesn't go my way is eliciting a great big tanty from me.

One of today's episodes was work related. The computer tech (and I use that term loosely) installed a new computer in my office on Tuesday. Unfortunately though, she neglected to hook up the printer.

Now installing a printer on a computer is usually as easy as pie, but for some inane reason the organisation for which I work introduced a standard operating environment last year. This makes it damn near impossible to change anything on the computers without getting the computer tech to do it.

So this afternoon I wanted to print out one measly letter. I soon discovered that the local printer was not installed and because of the standard operating environment I was unable to install it. I then called down to the common room to ask if one of the aides working down there could slip a letterhead into the printer for me. I was promptly told to wait five minutes. What? Surely it doesn't take five minutes to lean over to the printer and place a letterhead in it. Geez!

After a few minutes I sent my print job down to the common room's printer. I popped down to the common room to collect my letter. It hadn't printed. Great!

To top that little frustration off, the aides in the common room were just sitting around chatting. Lawd knows why they had told me to wait five minutes before they could place a letterhead into the printer for me then. How lazy can a person be!

Since I was already in the common room, I decided to log on to one of the computers there. I retrieved my letter and sent it to the printer once again. This time it prints, however no one had bothered to inform me that the toner was running exceedingly low. Consequently the printed letter sported prominent vertical lines of faded ink throughout it.

I was then told that I couldn't put a new toner cartridge into the printer because they didn't want it to sit in the printer for six weeks without being used. *Sigh* What difference could that possibly make.

As an alternative, I sent the letter through to the photocopier (which acts like a printer) to be printed. Once again it didn't print. At this stage I was mumbling obscenities under my breath. How could such a simple thing as printing out one sheet of paper be so long-winded and difficult?

Thankfully, as my obscenities became increasingly louder, one of the aides approached the photocopier and kick started it for me. I finally had a perfectly printed letter in my hands. Thank goodness for that.

By the time I made it back up to my office, the computer tech, who had witnessed my tantrum in the common room, was sitting at the desk installing the local computer. Why is it that things don't seem to happen until a rage has been flown into? There must be a better way.

The worst thing about all this is that I hate feeling so angry all the time. I find it so difficult to try to keep my crankiness in check. Once upon a time I would never have behaved like I did today. It's so out of character for me.

Anyway, there is only one more sleep left until the end of the school year. Unemployment here I come. Woohoo!

Photo credit: stock.xchng - the leading free stock photography site

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you eternal uncrankiness!

    :* Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaay for your last day. i think you should have a big 'ol beer to mark the occasion. i just noticed that it's 25 degrees there. i'm so moving to australia. it's like -6 deg. today here. hope you had a good last day.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just keep thinking of your previous post. At the same time I know those feelings so well and I do what I can to capture the essence of your photo and sometimes it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, go get yourself some brewskies and chill. you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete