Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So Incredibly Tired

Crap, I'm tired! I've slept on the couch in the lounge room most of the day. The only time I woke up was to shove some junk food down my gut and read through a blog or two. *yawns*

I've got to go out tonight. I need to visit the grocery store to pick up a few things. The furry kids have virtually nothing to eat and there's no milk for coffee or anything for Hubby to drink in the fridge.

I've been procrastinating about visiting the grocery store for days now. I just don't want to step outside the house. I haven't had a shower. My hair is disgusting. Time is running out though. It's already past 7:00pm.

While I'm in whinge mode, I am sick of living in a pig sty. The house is feral. There are tumbleweeds of dog fur all over the floor. There are piles of paper work that need sorting all over the kitchen. The toilet and bathroom are a mess. The grass in the back yard is so long that I can barely see the dogs through it. The front garden desperately needs watering. *sigh*

I'm in definite need of a shot of motivation. All that I want to do though, is lay around dozing, watch television or sit in front of the computer staring at the monitor. I can't be bothered moving.

Note to self: take my night time meds at a decent time. I might actually stay awake during the day then.

2 comments:

  1. I know what it's like to have the house a mess and all these things to do. What I've found that works best is to separate the house into sections on a piece of paper. For instance: the bedrooms, the bathrooms, living room, kitchen, etc. Then write down under each what needs to be done in those rooms. Start small and with only one room. I typically start in the bathroom cuz that's the smallest room. I'll clean the sink and toilet in the morning, then do the shower and floor in the evening.

    For bigger rooms and tasks, I break them into smaller things. Like the stack of papers on my desk. One day I'll go thru them, toss or file what I can, then put the remaining pile in order of importance. Then work from the top down. Since I get papers almost daily to go thru I never completely get thru the pile, but at least I'm doing stuff and that which isn't important is on the bottom so if I don't get to it, it doesn't matter.

    Does any of this make sense? Ugh, I think I'm rambling. Anyway, I hope it does and I hope that by breaking things up into smaller steps you can get things accomplished a little at a time.

    Take care,
    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to Sid, she knows how to get it done!

    ReplyDelete