Monday, December 05, 2005

A Quickie

Just a quickie of a post tonight because it is seriously past my bed time. Here's hoping that I wake up in time for work tomorrow.

I've had a really good day. (OMG, I think that is the first time I have ever written those words in my journal!) Shortly after arriving at work this morning, I discovered that my dearest DP (yes, the over-sized Nazi herself) was not at work. Best of all, she is not at work tomorrow either. Woohoo! I don't have to deal with her until Thursday. How lucky am I!

Consequently, I had a fantastic day at work. I sat up in the office all day helping my coworkers work on a movie that we have been making since we took the kids on camp a month or so ago. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Since arriving home from work I have kept busy as well. I had completely forgotten about the whole end of work/Christmas thing until my boss mentioned to her assistant something about remembering to bring in an item for my coworker and I tomorrow. I instantly thought, "Oh my gawd, I've forgotten about the traditional gift giving thing before work breaks up for the year". As a result I have been busily making up an admittedly quite sappy PowerPoint presentation thanking both my boss and her assistant for the support they have given my coworker and I throughout our time with them. My boss loves all this "technology" stuff, so hopefully she will appreciate the thought.

Anyway, it's definitely time for me to hit the hay. Only four more sleeps until I am officially unemployed again. Strangely enough, I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. Here is to hoping you have a good nights sleep. It is so wonderful to see the light that you are shinning through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day! Don't you wish the feeling would just last and last forever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, go figure

    normally a quickie doesn't equal a really good day... hehehe.

    *grins*

    ReplyDelete