Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Web Ring

I'll admit it. I was bored.

Since rejoining the ranks of the unemployed, I've been spending far too much time wandering aimlessly around the blogosphere. I found several different ways to promote blogs, hence all the new little buttons on the side bar. (Eek! I hope I haven't gone overboard with them). I also rediscovered the world of web rings after not paying much attention to them since I joined a couple of my original websites up with a few rings years ago.

When searching for appropriate web rings to join, I found a lack of rings specifically aimed at bloggers whose lives have been impacted by mental illness. There are a handful of great web rings out there, e.g. Bipolar Planet, but I couldn't find a ring that was related to both blogging and a wide variety of psychiatric illnesses.

As a result, I decided to create my own web ring, Blogging Survivors. It's hosted by WebRing. The ring's purpose is to unite anyone and everyone who keeps a blog or online journal and identifies as having some form of mental illness, has a family member who has a mental illness or perhaps even just writes about mental health issues in a supportive or informative manner. Hopefully through joining together we can create a supportive atmosphere among all us bloggers out there.

Feel free to take a look at the blog I created for the ring. I need at least one more person to join up to make the ring viable. (Hint, hint!) *smiles innocently*

No comments:

Post a Comment