Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day Wrap Up

Well, Christmas is over for another year. As anticipated, Hubby and I had a very quiet one at home. We exchanged presents in the morning, went back to bed and slept for another few hours and then had dinner around 7:00pm or so.

May I just say that I cooked the best roast chicken of my life yesterday! It was delicious! My coleslaw and potato salad weren't too shabby either. Normally I would just buy pre-packaged salads but the local grocery store was all out of salads on Christmas eve. The joys of living in a town with only one grocery store, hey! Should I admit to buying pre-made dressings though? Nah! That would mean I still cheated a little. *smiles*

I've been feeling seriously non-emotional these past couple of days. I'm feeling nothing, nada, zilch! I didn't even get angry with Hubby yesterday when he continued to play his computer game for another hour or so after I woke up. Normally I would sit there seething at such behaviour on a day like yesterday, but I didn't give a rat's butt. I won't go as far as saying that I am numbing out or anything. It doesn't feel as bad as that. I'm just in a non-emotional state I guess.

Now these next couple of paragraphs probably fall into the category of TMI (too much information) so feel free to finish reading here. I need to mention it for myself though. Here goes! Don't say I didn't warn you.

The issue of sex is seriously weighing heavily on my mind. Yesterday Hubby was, to put it bluntly, as horny as hell. He was trying every trick in his little book to tempt me into caving in and giving him a bit. I just couldn't though. I can't even stand the thought of it and what it means.

I remember a very short period years and years ago (about the time I first met Hubby) when I really enjoyed sex. It was the first time in my life that I actually was into it. This period didn't last very long though. What the hell changed? To be honest, I couldn't care less if I ever got any again. This can't be good for my marriage, yet I feel like there is nothing I can (or perhaps want to) do about it.

Anyway, to end this post on a brighter note, the above photo is of a couple of the gifts which Hubby got me for Christmas. All up he got me a handbag that I had my eye on for a while, the little crystal dog shown in the picture, a set of three tea light candle holders as also pictured and a gorgeous little "K" gold pendant. They are all lovely gifts. Thanks Hubby!

1 comment:

  1. Lack of emotion. Though it does sound like you had a pleasant Christmas, I can not help but relate to your sense of non-emotion. If I think back, there have been years of high anxiety, stress, sadness and even depression. All of these going clear back into my childhood. I am not even sure what to say about this year. Actually my extended family is not to get together until this evening (26th) which means a three hour commute for me each way and then I have to be at work tomorrow. My sense right not is that I will not attend. I am however running out of time to make the final choice.

    All that being said I have pretty much felt disconnected from the holiday. Not depressed, not sad, not anything really. More than anything just enjoying the fact that I have 4 days within which to relax and let all the thoughts float into and out of my mind without any great attachment to any of them.

    Perhaps we should just be thankful that we have managed to have a fairly uneventful emotional and mental experience.

    ReplyDelete