Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thursday's Almost Done

It's been a really mixed day. I have gone from feeling incredibly down to feeling a little brighter.

This morning I awoke far from happy and content. My mood was quite dark. I just didn't feel like breathing. Ideas related to that fact were floating through my mind. (Great, they've started again ... not good). I felt a little like death warmed up because it is the crampy time of the month. Basically, I guess I was just feeling miserable both physically and mentally. Yuck!

This afternoon, however, my mood started lifting a little. The dogs had a hydrobath date at their Auntie Chris' place. After we finished their baths, I hung around and chatted with Chris over a couple of cups of coffee. We concentrated on what had been going on in her and her family's life over the past week or so since I saw her last. I left her place feeling a little better.

Earlier tonight my friend from down south phoned. She really has so much crap going on in her life at the moment, it is not funny. Although she was feeling far from flash herself, we laughed about god-knows-what. As a result of this conversation my mood lifted a little further. Thanks J, you really are my saviour!

Anyway as a result of today's social contact I am feeling almost normal tonight. I guess it just goes to show how important our friends are to our lives. Thanks guys. I can only hope that I wake up tomorrow feeling better again.

5 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're starting to feel better today. there's nothing worse then waking up with a deathwish, kinda puts a damper on your day, wouldn't you say? i'm so glad you write this blog, i finally feel i'm not the only one who feels and does some of these thing u write about here. i don't know what time it is there(late evening it think), but have a good night disso k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- it's already friday in your part of the world-neat(10:46am thurs here). well knowing that now i will say have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, social contact for some reason tends to lift moods. Unless you've had a crappy encounter with someone.

    But I do have days when I feel like isolating myself, and everything just gets worse. My T has been trying to tell me to reach out more for outside contacts during those times.

    Anyway - glad it helped you.... Hope you wake up in a good frame of mind tomorrow too....

    PBear

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes we need a diversion from our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogaholic, thanks for your well wishes. Time differences are amazing, aren't they.

    Polar, I hear you on the isolation thing. I would much rather keep to myself when feeling down. It's hard to reach out to outside contacts when you are feeling rotten. Thank goodness for blogs/journals, hey.

    Gabbi, you are so right. The diversion definitely helped me.

    ReplyDelete