Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pdoc Appointment

My hubby and I travelled to the 'semi-big smoke' today. He had a friend from Victoria flying in for a few days visit whom we had to pick up from the airport. I had my usual appointment with my pdoc this afternoon.

My pdoc appointment was very different today to what it usually is. I was still feeling pretty good within myself today, so that was certainly a plus. Once I entered his office though, I turned into some sort of dumb-blonde / pollyanna type person. I felt like I couldn't tune into anything remotely serious and that I was almost evading answering any of his questions properly with a laugh. I don't think I was doing this deliberately at first. However, further into the appointment I realised that behaving in this way was helping me to stay in a reasonably good mood and not become down.

I don't know how helpful being like that was, but hey, it worked for today. I didn't want to be all gloomy on the drive home since my hubby and his mate were with me this time. Usually I drive into the "semi-big smoke" alone.

So, for the first time in ... well, forever, I didn't feel like I wanted to drive into a truck on the way home from my appointment or that I was off in some sort of fairy land. That's got to be a plus, right? And now that I am home, had a beer and something to eat, I still feel quite good.

Maybe this past week has really been a turning point for me and things are going to stay alright. Gawd, I can hardly believe it. Someone pinch me.

3 comments:

  1. that's great disso!
    but the thing that worries me the most is - when u stop disassociating, can we still call u disso?
    cos i like that as a nic... :)

    p.s. my day is getting slightly better, i don't know why i feel so down today - its prob just cos of pb yesterday/last night. altho i have to admit that i've halved my antiD dose, like more than a week ago - hmm, maybe that's it...
    p.p.s. am blogging at work - cool huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news. Hope to see you this way all the time.

    ReplyDelete