Saturday, July 30, 2005

I'll Be Requiring Lunch

I've never worked in the hospitality industry, so I've never had anyone say to me, "I'll be requiring lunch." That is, up until yesterday when the words came out of my husband's mouth. Worse still, these words were directed to me like I was some sort of waitress.

I don't remember how I responded to Hubby's demand. Most likely, I stood there like a stunned mullet with my mouth gaping so wide that I could have swallowed all the flies in the Australian outback in one great gulp. After I regained some of my composure, I probably uttered my usual response to similar requests, that is, "You have two arms, two legs, a brain and a heartbeat ... you do it". (Notice the differentiation between request and demand here). I had a scheduled appointment to take the dogs for a hydrobath at midday anyway. Hubby knew that.

Okay, I'm a stay-at-home housewife with no kids to look after. Hubby is in full-time employment. In this case, I should be the one running the household. It's only fair. However, I take exception to being addressed as some sort of servant. I mean, what in hell was Hubby thinking when he said that to me. Talk about being put in your place. From now on, just call me June Cleaver. Geez!

During a recent post, I indicated that I used to be politically correct. Well, I used to be a feminist too. What in the hell has happened to me?

2 comments:

  1. PMSL disso!

    amazing to think of the ppl we used to be at uni huh -->

    1. sane
    2. emotionally stable
    3. psychologically stable (no comment for these first three...)
    4. feminists!! *smiles*
    5. optimistic (what the? but we didn't know how much life sucked back then!)
    6. focussed (focus? what's focus? has that got something to do with attention span?)
    7. clear minded (can we blame the drugs for our current fuzziness lol?)
    8. intelligent (we used to make intelligent choices too... hmmm)
    9. rational (ok ok, i remember rationality, vaguely, but that was before the whole falling in love with asshole men thing wasn't it??)
    10. um... can i say SANE again... cos that's probably the most important one

    damn huh
    those were the days
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hubby!! NOT cool man, not cool.

    ReplyDelete