Friday, July 01, 2005

Feeling Better

I'm happy to say that my general mood has been quite good today. I haven't felt depressed at all. In fact my mood has been pretty steady throughout the day. It certainly makes a nice change to how I have been feeling of late.

I've been back on 30mg of Lexapro a night now for a couple of nights, along with my usual Seroquel dose. I've been trying to take my meds before 9:00pm too. Previously I had just taken them whenever I felt like it, which in retrospect was probably the reason why my sleeping patterns were all stuffed up. Now, over the past couple of days I have been going to bed before midnight (what's with that??) and waking up at a decent hour in the morning. I feel a heap better for it too. I'll leave it another night before I increase my Lexapro to 40mg per night as per my pdoc's suggestion during my last appointment. If this better mood is related to the increased Lexapro dosage, I can't wait until I am on the 40mg dose. Is it safe to pin my hope for feeling better on an increase in medication? Gawd, I can only cross my fingers I guess.

The past couple of days haven't passed without incident though unfortunately. I fell off the SH wagon yesterday. Thankfully it was only in a very minor fashion, although I guess all of my SH attempts are only incredibly superficial anyway. I can't say that I am sorry for picking up my implement of choice. My sick, little mind has missed it (again, what's with that??). Hubby noticed the new marks tonight too, which was a little disappointing.

Oh damn! I just spilt my beer all over myself. Oops! LOL

Finally, I had to pop down to my local pharmacy again today to pick up the remainder of the script I filled yesterday. As I approached the attendant behind the counter, I started to feel pretty strange. I had to really concentrate on what I was saying to her to get the words out right. By the time I got in the car for my short drive home I was feeling quite panicky. I was extremely glad when I walked in the door to my house. Safe again.

Despite the mishaps over the past couple of days, I'm going to choose to hold tight to my increased mood level. Bring on more of those good moods!

No comments:

Post a Comment