Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Pigs Have Flown!

The title of this post is in reference to a banner that was shown during Pink Floyd's performance at Live 8. From memory it said, "Pink Floyd Reunion ... The Pigs Have Flown".

First off, let me just say that I am too young to have ever seen Pink Floyd play live. The last time they played in Australia, I had just entered my adolescence. Talk about being born at the wrong time and in the wrong country! (Stupid ancestors for emigrating to Australia back in the 1800's )

Now I can happily lie down and die because I can say that I have seen Pink Floyd play live. Woohoo! (Well, sort of anyway). I was lucky enough to catch the live webcast at AOL Music and then I caught the last half of the their performance on TV too.

Would you believe that my tape ran out when I was watching the web cast though? I didn't know about it until Pink Floyd had finished their set and I raced into the bedroom to catch the rest of their performance on Fox 8. Therefore I only taped the last couple of songs. What rotten luck! Hopefully a DVD will be released down the track or something. *cross fingers*

Anyway, I am so rambling here. I guess my whole point in writing this post is that I was actually moved by Pink Floyd's performance. To see Roger Waters on stage with the other band members was nothing short of magic. At the beginning of "Wish You Were Here" Roger Waters made a short speech on how touched he felt to be playing with the band again for such a cause. He also acknowledged that they were playing "Wish You Were Here" for Syd Barrett. How special is that?

Oh, London's web cast just finished. There goes a piece of history.

Imagine me being moved by a band's performance. Looks like I am getting some feelings, some emotions back. What's up with that?

3 comments:

  1. I DUG Pink Floyd's performance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me saw that same banner and used it in a message board post title..LOL. www.diggleblop.com in the general blubbing section. Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to less than 5 live concerts in my life. Sad but true. Anyways, I love Roger Water's voice!

    ReplyDelete