Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Aussie Idol Has Begun

My name is disso_k and I am an Australian Idol addict.

Well, the first episode of this year's Australian Idol was on telly tonight and I am already completely into it. How sad is that?

Tonight Channel 10 televised the auditions from my home town and state, Brisbane Queensland. (Don't worry, I'm not revealing where I live. It's been ages since I actually lived in Brissie). I had no idea just how many really bad singers lived in Queensland! Mind you, there were quite a few really, really good singers too. In fact, the Sunshine State has given Aussie Idol 40 of the ultimate top 100 that will continue their auditions in Sydney. What a talented lot us Queenslanders are!

This year's new judge, Kyle Sandilands, looks like he will be absolutely ruthless though. I'd hate to audition in front of him. Then again, me auditioning for Aussie Idol just isn't gonna happen, considering I'm too old and can't sing to save myself!

My favourite line from the night came from a comment by Kyle Sandilands to a particular bleached blonde contestant. He said, "You've got a Paris Hilton thing happening." She responded with, "I do get that a lot of times, but I just thank god I'm attractive". How confident was she! I wonder if she can actually sing.

2 comments:

  1. NZ Idol began a couple of weeks ago. I followed last year's series religiously. And looks like I'm going to again this year!

    They're showing the top 24 which will be cut to 10, for the next couple of weeks.

    I'm an Idol addict too! I'll be interested to hear about the winner across the Tasman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol
    when is it on then?
    u know me, i don't watch tv so i don't know where, what, when...
    :)

    ReplyDelete