Saturday, July 23, 2005

Sounding More and More Insane (Heavy Post / Possible Triggers)

I'm beginning to hate writing posts that make me sound completely nuts, but I am afraid that this is going to be another one of those sorts of posts. Sometimes I just don't understand my thought processes or for that matter, my behaviour.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I need to talk about SH again. What makes someone do it? "They" say that is indicative of some sort of past trauma. However I don't think I have made any secret of my disdain regarding that concept in relation to my life experiences. Am I scared to admit that something wasn't alright in my past? I don't know. Only time will really tell I guess. I don't really see any past hurts or whatever as the key to my current "problems" however. I don't even know if I really have any current problems. Is that just the epitome of denial? Dammit, I don't know.

So why am I doing it again? I had almost gotten over it. Any SH that I had done since my last hospital stay (which was months ago now) had been so superficial it hadn't been worth doing. With the new medication I was on, I felt more with it, more myself. Initially I missed the ability to SH "properly", but it soon became evident that I didn't really need to do it anymore. But now, since Wednesday, I am burning again. Apart from the initial, "Ow, that really hurts," I am almost enjoying it. It's sick I know, but I almost like the sensation. I almost like the marks that I leave. Now that I have conquered the fear of pain again, I'm finding it very, very easy to do.

Gawd, this should be a problem for me. I guess just the fact that I am writing about it indicates that it is a problem. I just can't see it that way though. It's just something that I do, no matter how dumb it is. *Sigh* I don't have any answers.

Damn I write some heavy posts. Sorry about that. I just need to get stuff out at times. I probably should get out of that habit and start focusing on flowers and bunnies or something. Mmmm.

5 comments:

  1. disso_k, remember this is your blog and if you want to write about SH that is your choice. if anybody reading dosent like it they can always leave. now, i cant say why you're doing it again, but for me i do it over and over because it's what's comfortable to me. i have not found any other safe and as satisfying alternatives to it and therefore always resort to it. enjoying it is a huge part of SH, and i also take pride(best word i could think of here)in my "work", but, at the same time am very secretive of it. anyway,aren't you a little glad you can talk about it on here because it's a great way to get things out? please don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks blogaholic. What you have written makes a hell of a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is YOUR blog, so you can write anything YOU want...

    I'm sorry you are SHing. For me, SH is a relieve from mental pain. Sometimes it's a distraction. I don't know - it's different for different people perhaps. But do you feel the need to distract yourself from something else that is happening?

    I haven't done it in a while, though, or felt the urge to do it. My meds help some.

    Hang in there... and hey, keep writing your mind.

    Polar Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only know what SH is .. not WHY it is. You must be hurting very badly somewhere deep inside. All I can do is offer many, many hugs for you!

    I hope your pain eases and you heal ... but in the meantime if you need to write about it THEN WRITE ABOUT IT!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama mouse & Polar Bear ... thankyou both. I do need those comforting hugs and thoughts at the moment.

    ReplyDelete