Thursday, June 30, 2005

What Is It With Pharmacists?

Today's post is about exactly what the title says ... what is it with pharmacists?? I popped down to my one and only local pharmacy today to fill my Seroquel prescription. While I was waiting for it to be filled, one of the attendants called out to me from behind the back counter, asking if I was still taking Efexor XR. There weren't that many people in the pharmacy at that time, but geez ... surely a bit of privacy/confidentiality is called for in such situations. I mean, I don't want the whole town knowing that I take anti-D meds for goodness sake. Small town grapevines work too bloody well for that sort of thing. Perhaps the scary thing is that this is not the first time this has happened to me either. Mmmm.

Could you imagine if you had some sort of "embarrassing" condition ... let's say haemorrhoids? Wouldn't it be just peachy if the pharmacist yelled out, in front of everyone in the store, "Just how bad of a breakout of haemorrhoids do you have this time, Mrs Smith? I want to make sure I give you the correct strength ointment." Good grief! Wouldn't that be just great!

7 comments:

  1. pmsl disso

    imagine this - when picking up ure new antiDs at the local chemist u have to say, in front of ppl who know u, "oh and i need some laxatives too cos the antiDs make me constipated" lol. u say it very quietly, not much more than a whisper...
    now imagine that the chemist looks at u and says VERY loudly, "yeah these anti-depressants DO make u constipated, u better hv this brand of laxative"
    now imagine yourself shrinking into an imaginery hole in the middle of the chemist floor.... lol

    i agree disso - What is with Pharmacists!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and the thing is disso, now ALL of Yandy not only know i'm taking antiDs... they also know i cant sh*t!!!!!!

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops forgot my name...
    sheesh
    i aint really anonymous lol
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!
    How embarrassing. My pharmacists always questions my prescriptions like I wrote them out myself. I've been going to them for about 2 years now and they STILL don't trust me OR my doctor. Grr. Plus, their is only ONE person there who is nice. The rest of them all have a steal rod up there collective asses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joey, that is an incredibly embarrassing thing to have happened. Nasty, ole me can't stop giggling tho. In the future, go for the prunes!! LOL

    And James, I've had the pharmacist ring up my doc to question my prescription too. It was back when I was still dealing with a GP tho. I'd hate to think how cranky a pdoc would be when they got a phone call from a pharmacist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should say, "Yup, I'm still on the anti-d's. Did you manage to get those crabs cleared up?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would think in their line of work that they would be a little more discreet.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete