Wednesday, June 15, 2005

You Know You're Hooked When .....

What's with only having ONE working power point in an entire house in this day and age!?!

It's just gone midnight. I'm fanging for a cup of coffee but I only have one working power point in the house. Of course, being the Internet addict that I am, I've plugged my laptop into the sole-surviving power point and dusted off the old dial-up modem. Wallah! Instant, if not a little bit slower than usual, Internet connection.

Mmm ... I've just had an idea! I still have reasonably cool milk left in the fridge (thanks to several bags of ice) and I think I still have enough hot water to dissolve a teaspoon of coffee into a mug. It must be time for an iced coffee.

Okay, I'm back now with my caffeine fix and feeling just a tad better, so let's actually start this entry.

Today has been one of those days where you just have to try to smile, otherwise you would lose it. Scarily, I actually did lose it a little earlier, but let's leave that to later in this entry. I woke up at my usual late hour (somewhere around 3:30pm I think) to find most of the power off in the house. Thankfully, the lights are still working, along with my lone, trusty power point. I guess one of the electrical appliances is tripping out the power all the time. Sadly, I haven't been able to work out which one it is, so tonight is going to be very-little-electricity night. Bummer!

Despite the power fun, I saw my hubby off to work earlier this evening. Thanks to the local Red Rooster takeaway, he actually had some dinner to take with him too, which I am sure he really appreciated. So now it is just me and the furry kids left in our relatively darkened house.

Anyway, back to the losing it part. Have I mentioned somewhere before in this blog that I have some sort of annoying social anxiety thing happening? I first became aware of it at the beginning of last year. At the time I blamed it on a particular anti-D drug I was taking. (I have a tendency to want to blame these sort of things on the drugs I think). Unfortunately though, it seems to be escalating in severity this year. Thankfully I don't experience full-on panic attacks. I couldn't even begin to wonder how horrible they would be. Rather, I just feel extremely uncomfortable when I am around people, to the point where I greatly prefer to flee a situation so that I can calm down.

Tonight at Red Rooster, I was kind of stuck. I had to organise my hubby's crib for work so there was no way I could escape the situation. I just had to sit there in amongst the other customers while the Red Rooster staff took ages to prepare the orders. I swear I was sitting in the store for 20 minutes and all the time silently freaking within myself. Finally though, my order was ready. I almost ran to the car and sped home. Safe at last!

When I arrived home, it was time to wake my hubby up so he could get ready to go to work. The bad thing was, by this time I was feeling frustrated with my inability to ... well ... not be scared witless in social situations. Unfortunately my poor hubby wore my frustration when he was helping me get his crib ready. To his credit, he came over and gave me a comforting hug, which was really kind of out of character for him, so it was nice and surprising.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day. I don't have my regular appointment with my pdoc so I can sleep in as much as I want. Although, maybe it would be a good idea to call an electrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment