Friday, June 24, 2005

No TV & Dogs Washing Humans

I was woken up at sparrow fart (well, sparrow fart for me is 8:00am these days ) by my hubby arriving home from night shift. Still half asleep, I stumbled out to the kitchen to make a cuppa, sat down on the lounge room sofa and turned on the TV to catch the morning news. What was showing on the TV instead? Nothing! There was only the hiss and fuzz of static on every single channel.

I didn't give up on my morning entertainment though. I was certain that the TV channels would start airing again soon. Hours later however, the TV was still nothing more than static. Just what is an unemployed person supposed to do without the relentless drone of the TV sounding all day to soften the silence? Housework? Yuck, no way! Sit in front of the computer surfing blogs on the Internet. Well yeah ... that goes without saying. What I decided to do though was wash the dogs.

Now I must admit that one of my furry kids is a gem to wash. She jumps into the bathtub all by herself and stands there while I scrub in the shampoo and then rinse it out. Towel drying is a different story though. She much prefers to use my legs as her personal towel. By the time she dried herself off, my jeans (yes, I was silly enough to wear jeans even though I know what she does) were completely soaked. Ick!

On to my second furry kid. Now Nikita is a Siberian Husky and as every husky owner knows, they have a mind of their own and are way too intelligent for their own(ers') good. When I called her inside for her bath, she ran straight past me and into her crate in the bedroom. She sat there, peeking outside her crate as I called her and called her ... and called her and called her. The look on her face said, "Haha Mum, there is no way you are going to give me a bath!" Finally I gave up, reached inside her crate and pulled her out. She got her revenge on me though. She shook so many times during her bath that I'd swear, if I didn't know better, that I ended up way wetter than she did. At least I won't have to worry about getting infested with fleas any time soon. *grumble grumble*

OMG, I know this is totally unrelated but I just saw on the nightly news that it snowed in southern Queensland today. (Yep, the TV channels finally came back on this evening). Damn, you know you're in the middle of a super cold snap when it snows in Queensland. Brrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment