Thursday, June 16, 2005

Outside of Myself

I woke up outside of my body ... seriously! I'm putting it down to a Seroquel hangover, but I must still be in bed or something because I can't be sitting here in front of my laptop at the moment. This is too weird!

Anyway, I'm counting on this typing to snap me out of it, so here goes ...

It's 3:00pm. In the distance, a phone rings. There is movement beside me. It must be my hubby getting up to answer that phone. A voice comes from the next room. "What's your phone number?" More movement bedside me. My hubby returns.

Now, a serious amount of moving beside me. My hubby is stirring the dogs. Apparently Nikita is laying across his pillows. Shakara is cuddled up beside me. It doesn't last for long though. Once Nikita hops up, its time to take them outside. Urgh! I have to get up. I have to wake up properly.

So I get up out of bed. I must still be asleep though, because I really feel like I have left my true self back in bed. My body is going through the motions of taking the dogs outside, but I must still be in bed sleeping ... surely. It's just so surreal!

My body comes back inside. My hubby starts asking it questions. It mutters something to him about needing a coffee; that it will start responding to his questions properly in just a little bit.

However, my body has had the coffee. It's eaten a bowl of microwaveable oats. I haven't quite caught up with it yet. I'm in the hallway, somewhere between the bedroom and the loungeroom where my body is currently sitting in front of the laptop.

Note to self ... I must ring *C* after 7:00pm. Hopefully committing it to words will help me remember.

Come to think of it, I must ring my family tonight too. Since leaving hospital my step-mother has been making me promise to ring her and Dad on a regular basis. I haven't yet, so I really have to remember to phone them this week.

Damn! When will this bizarre sleeping-walking thing end?

No comments:

Post a Comment