Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The War Begins!

I'm feeling really tired tonight. I finally got to sleep this morning around 5:00 or so, but by 10:30am I was wide awake again. Mmm ... five and a half hours sleep. Probably not too bad compared to what some people get on a nightly basis I guess, but my eyes are feeling really heavy.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that yesterday's electricity debacle is over. Thanks to a visit from a couple of incredibly cute electricians (sorry hubby) all lights and power points are in safe, working order again. It turns out that our current unwelcome house guests (mice ... yuck!) had well and truly chewed through an extension cord that was virtually hidden behind the wardrobe in our bedroom.

I think mice are really cute and all, but now that they are chewing our electrical cords (eek!), this means war! I popped down to the local hardware store and stocked up on a couple of different types of mouse traps. The greater number of different types of traps I have, the better the chance of catching the little terrorists, I reckon.

You see, a couple of months ago, I invested in the traditional wooden, snap type mouse trap. Let me just say that the mice that are infesting our house (double yuck!) must be a new ultra-intelligent subspecies because every time I set the trap, the next morning I would find the bait gone and the trap untripped. I swear, I must have had the fattest mice around with all the extra food I was feeding them.

However tonight the war begins! All the mouse traps will be set up in strategic places. I fully expect complete and utter victory in the morning.

On a final note, after writing about my social anxiety thing during a previous entry, I am delighted to say that when I left the house today to go to the hardware and then on to the service station to pick up some milk and cigarettes, I didn't feel overly anxious at all. Thank goodness!

I must admit that I chose to purchase the milk and cigarettes from the servo because I didn't want to face going to the shopping centre. I actually drove past the first servo and continued on to the second one too. (The old story ... the first servo was too busy ... woops.) But I wasn't that bad, honest. By doing what I did, I avoided the uncomfortable feeling I get around too many people and successfully conversed with both the hardware and servo's customer service people. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment