Thursday, June 16, 2005

First Battle of War Won

Humans: 1
Mice: 0

I finally caught one!

Through my fog this morning, I remembered to check the mouse trap I set last night (amazingly enough). I gave the trap a little shake and felt the tiny body move around within it. The successful trap was one of those non-kill ones so the mouse was still alive.

I immediately took the trap to my hubby, to show him my prize. He ventured a look inside the trap and confirmed the existence of a trapped mouse. He then promptly took the trap outside and dropped the mouse into our wheelie bin. Disposed of mouse! No worries, right?

I have a problem though. I feel sorry for the little critter.

I actually didn't think that much about it until I went to clean out the trap tonight in order to set it up again. All's I can say is the poor little mouse must have panicked quite a lot throughout his captivity because he pooped everywhere inside the trap! Eek!

Anyway, I have to remain strong! I guess war is not for the faint-hearted. So tonight I have to set up that trap again. There are many more little furry terrorists out there.

* * * * * * * * * *

Final note: I'm still feeling pretty strange tonight. I just feel a bit out of step with myself ... not 100% here in a way. I'm starting to feel quite fidgety too. I guess it is a left-over from this morning's weirdness.

It kind of sucks. I've tried eating. I've tried writing journal entries. I've even spoken with a couple of friends on the phone tonight. The only thing I haven't tried is SH, but hubby is home tonight so that is not an option. I guess I will have to wait until the feeling goes away by itself. Dammit.

1 comment:

  1. i still think u need some psych counselling of some sort... i think u need to identify coping skills other than SH to get u thru moments like this "sleep walking" one.
    i understand the SH, i get it, i get the whole pain thing. BUT that doesn't make it a healthy thing to do.
    i would LOVE to get a piercing or tattoo EVERY freakin day - so that the pain can bring me back from wherever it is i am the rest of the time - but unfortunately i'm broke at the moment. And besides, in the end i'll just end up running out of places on my body to put it all!
    i understand the SH thing disso - but i really want u to explore other ways to cope, other ways to feel yourself again, other ways to FEEL in general.
    give some thought to psych counselling, PLEZ!
    i want u to get well, i want u to stay well.

    ReplyDelete